“Don't be afraid to give it a try”
Review of The Depot Pub - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Depot Pub
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pub
Reviewed September 19, 2011

One Sunday back in February 2011, my fiance and I were looking for somewhere to go to grab a bite to eat in the late afternoon and he suggested the Depot Pub for a quick sub. To our surprise there was a band playing and the place was quite busy, it was an anniversary for the Pub I think. The band was awesome, the people were having fun and there were some great food specials on. We ended up staying until the band finished playing and made a day of it. From the outside the Depot Pub looks a little shabby and doesn't necessarily draw the average customer in, I personally wouldn't have thought to go in, but my fiance liked their subs, so we went. Now, it is not a "dress up" place by any means, it is a little tired and could use an update, wear your jeans and don't expect hoity toity wines, The owner (Nathaniel) is a Beattle's fan so you will see many pictures and other Beattles paraphernalia on the walls. Since that Sunday in February, however, we have gone back and seen more entertainment (they are now having "Jam" sessions the second Thursday of each month, I think this runs though to the spring and takes a break over the summer but don't quote me) and enjoyed other items on their menu. They try to invite different bands to come in, local wine or breweries to give samples and are making an effort, not just doing the "same old" all the time. They have a sign out front that says what entertainment is coming and what the daily food specials are. I try to drive by to see what's up. We have since discovered that we really like their pizza and it has taken over as our favourite local place to get a pizza when we just don't feel like cooking. Personally, I would recommend you give it a try.

1  Thank schamber21