“Nice cafe atmosphere”

Bistro on the Forty
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Menu is limited but excellent. Italian based menu with excellent daily soups. Service is excellent and prices reasonable.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

My hubby and I are new to the area and we thought we'd give this restaurant a try as we were running errands in the Grimsby area. What a nice surprise - don't judge it by the outside or being in a small mall - inside it is very elegant. This chef has done what is suggested limited dishes but make them elegant and delicious. Hubby had seafood past - lots of mussels, lots of crab and shrimp. I had pesto and sausage and pasta - tomato sauce was divine! Limited wine list but excellent wines. Waiter Drew was friendly, warm, attentive - wonderful. The restaurant was clean we had no complaints at all. Supper menu is pricey but the food is awesome and the atmosphere great. NO complaints. I highly recommend this secret gem.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

The one thing that will stop me from returning it any restaurant, no matter how good the food, is how clean the restaurant is. Unfortunately this would be the case for the Bistro. Walking into the restaurant, the door was covered in hand prints. Grubby looking. We were seated at a table by the window, and looking down, I could see crumbs, and general dirt. Heck, even the menu was dirty with spots of old food on it. Thankfully the flatware, plates and glasses were sparkling. The food was very tasty. No complaints whatsoever in that department. The chef obviously knows his stuff. The portion sizes were perfect. The service is somewhat an issue. There was only one other table seated , and yet, we had to ask for more water?? Could use a few lessons there.

1  Thank IslandGardener
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have now been to this restaurant 3 times in the last 3 weeks. Chef Ely does an excellent job of preparing great tasting dishes. Restaurant has a very cosy and warm feeling. For those people who want faster service, they should go to McDonalds or Wendy's. This is definitely not fast food.!!!
My office is located in Grimsby and I will support this restaurant all I can in the future to keep it alive. Ely, we need you to keep doing what you doing and your clientele will increase by word of mouth. I challenge everyone in Grimsby and beyond to give this a restaurant a try. Best quality food in Grimsby!!!!

1  Thank Keith B
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I have heard great things about this resturant and finally decided to give it a try... The only thing we regret is not trying this place sooner!! The ambiance is modern and classy, the service was friendly and attentive.... And finally the food.... What a work of art!! With not only great presentation...The food tasted PHINAMINAL!!! My husband and I could both tell that the food had just the right amount of attention to detail, great taste and care. We will definitely be back!!

1  Thank Ririangell