“Great Thai”

Dining options: Reservations
Hamilton, ONtario
“Great Thai”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Now been there 3 times and more impressed each time. My mango salad was 100% mango, not mostly lettuce like Chang Noi in St. C or some of the other Thai restaurants I've been to in the area. Had Royal Pad Thai this time and it was very good. I think their menu has a good selection, and the service has improved since my first visit when it opened. I'd say this is my new favourite place - even better that I live within 10 km away! Prices are reasonable.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Ontario78

Grimsby, Ontario CANADA
“First Thai restaurant in Grimsby”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I live in the area and I was thrilled to see the first Thai restaurant in Grimsby. I am a devotee of the cuisine and have travelled to Thailand twice over the years, and so I think I know what good Thai food should taste like.
The owner used to operate a famous Thai restaurant in Toronto known as Young Thailand on Church street. It attracted a very loyal following over the years. I have been to the Grimsby Thai Restaurant several times for lunch and the food quality is excellent. For just ten bucks you are getting amazing value for the money. The food is authentic and it is comparable to the good Thai restaurants in Toronto and I submit that is the top standard for Thai food in this country. All your favourite Thai dishes are available here.
The only negative is the place is quite cold and charmless, with white walls and minimal decorations. Chairs and tables also not cosy or particularly comfortable. For sure you are here for good Thai food, not for a romantic dinner for two, not for the celebration of something important. I am sold enough I am taking my staff here later for our year end party. Four stars for food quality and value.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Dr Andy S L
Grimsby, ON
“New in town”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This restaurant has lots of potential. We went the first week it was open. The food was good and plentiful. Very tasty. Wait staff just need some time to get into the swing of it.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank CrownRidgeBB
“Poor Representation of Thai Culture..For Shame!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Never Again! I understand the trials of opening a new business, but this place takes the cake. Poor to terrible service. People that were waiting for take-out were upset and leaving empty handed. The waitress obviously never has waited on a table in her life, I have never seen a waitress not familiarize herself with the menu, nor come 4 times back to the table to ask us to repeat the order. (even after writing it down). Food was ok but long time to receive being we were the only table in the place. The food came in terrible intervals and the soup was soo salty we could barely eat it. Half my order didn’t show up,(and never did even after asking for the missing items). The waitress cleared the table and even motioned to grab the napkin of one of our guest lap.(awkward!). To top this terrible evening off, I went to pay the bill to be told the debit was down. “as there is no internet service” odd as host guy just stood there on his tablet downloading a game. I told the guy I have a visa if he wants to take a number and i was told to walk and find a bank!!! Really?? I walked alright!!

• Visited August 2012