“Never going to a Super 8 again”

Super 8 Grimsby Ontario
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Grimsby
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The room was noisy from the highway outside and noisy partiers in the hallway. Useless, extremely slow, basically non-existent internet connection. Breakfast area was dirty - sticky floor. Very little choice of food and bagels were stale. Called down to ask for extra shampoo, got a rude reply that I'd have to come get it myself.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
ingmac1972, General Manager at Super 8 Grimsby Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on our customer service and I have notified the front desk supervisor of the reply you received in regards to receiving extra shampoo in order to avoid such an instant for our future guests.

Our complimentary continental breakfast is in the process of being re-vamped and will be rolling out very shortly with the goal in mind that all our guests will be happy with the selections we will be providing. I have also spoken with the housekeeping department and have asked them to have an employee maintaining the breakfast room during the entire duration while open on the weekends to ensure the cleanliness of the room going forth.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and gives us an opportunity to improve upon any deficiencies and try to rectify them as they are brought forth to us. I will personally be looking into each point brought to our attention.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
ingmac1972, General Manager at Super 8 Grimsby Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Reviewed May 16, 2013

It's right on a busy highway which is fine but the windows need better insulation to keep the traffic sound out. There was only one ice machine to service a four floor motel and if traveling with teenagers and they bring their PS3's or XBOX's make sure you bring your cables. The TV's are so old that there are no HDMI hook-ups.
One really good thing I have to say is that the beds where extremely comfortable. My hubby moves a lot during sleep and I didn't feel the bed move at all, also I have serious back problems, the beds did not leave me waking up in the morning with aches and pains.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with a review. We are always looking at ways that we can improve our service and ammenities that we offer. Please be advised we are in the process of updating our tv's over the next year for all our guests rooms.

I am happy to hear that our mattresses were comfortable for a restfull sleep and hope to have an opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

ltd. b/f item,to have if no dietary limitations. short and old chairs in the room, not suited for work

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your comments. Feedback from our guests is always welcome in order for us to assess the delivery of our product and services. I am excited to say that we will be rolling out a new continental breakfast standard this summer. This will address comments and reviews we have received in regards to our current continental breakfast.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

On this, my third stay at the property, I had a single queen room with the most comfortable bed ever. Despite the fact that the hotel was full on Saturday night, I was not disturbed in any way by the noise of other guests.

I did not partake of the breakfast. It appeared to consist of breadstuffs and coffee; a strict Continental with no frills.

The hot tub, which I remembered as lovely, was a huge disappointment. For whatever reason, the temperature is set at 100F degrees or less, instead of the hotel usual standard of 104F and I was assured that is what health department regulations stipulate. Since the hot tub is very important to me when traveling, I will probably not be staying again here - unfortunate because this is otherwise a terrific spot.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing the Super 8 - Grimsby for your accommodation needs while in this area. We realize our guests have many options which they can choose from and therefore appreciate it greatly when our guests come back to us. I am sorry you were dissappointed in the temperature of our hot tub. We generally keep the hot tub temperature in the 100F - 101F degrees range due to the amount of children that use the facilities.

I can certainly understand the importance of this ammenity and basing a decision on this matter in the future but I hope that you allow us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Booked the room for a wedding down the road. We arrived to find a half eaten sub in the mini-fridge as well as a clogged toilet. When I asked the front desk to fix it, they told me I could come down and pick up a plunger. Room smelled like garbage.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience. It is through such feedback that we can assess the delivery of our product and services. It also gives us an opportunity to improve upon any deficiencies in either product or services identified by our guests. I apologize that your room was not up to our regular standards as well as to the response you received from the front desk agent. Customer service and clean guest rooms is our top priority. I have shared this information with both our Room Attendant and our Guest Service Supervisor's to prevent this from happening to our future guests.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grimsby
Casablanca Winery Inn
Capri Inn
#1 of 7 in St. Catharines
Downtown Hamilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hamilton Ontario

Been to Super 8 Grimsby Ontario? Share your experiences!