Casablanca Winery Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Lake Trail Motel(Stoney Creek)
Beach Motor Inn(Hamilton)
  • Pool
Vintner's Inn(Jordan Station)
View Hotel
All reviewspanorama restauranttop floorbreakfast buffetspa servicesmini suitehotel staffrelaxing getawaycocktail hourview of lake ontariodaughters weddingbit datedwine tourwedding receptiontim hortonswine countryfollowing morningmain floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Most hotels in this part of the province seem dated... nice, clean and comfortable enough but with that air the early 2000s. Staff were great, breakfast at attached bar was a solid ok. Good sized rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stevenjbull
CWI4, Director of Sales at Casablanca Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our property is decorated with a country inn feel in hopes that our guests are comfortable and relaxed during their stay. We hope that you found this to be the case as well. We would love to welcome you back for future visits.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

my wife and i satyed here on saturday march 9 2013 for the night. we were very impressed from the time we arrived. great reception and friendlt staff. our room was larger than most and great view of lake ontario. we ate at the restaurant on the main floor and food was excellent and prices were very reasonable. we use the pool and and hot tub and were suprised to find the pool salt water treated instead of chlorine which felt better on the skin and eyes.
if we are in the area again we will even just stop in to eat. on the eight floor there is a very nice restaurant with a piano bar.

thanks for making our night away a stress free pleasant one.

Room Tip: try to request a lake view room. make sure you try at least one of the restaurants.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank qmi2008
CWI4, Director of Sales at Casablanca Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and we'd love to welcome you back any time.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The rooms are OK nothing special but acceptable. BUT with no telephone on the bedside table and trying to find a phone on the other side of the room is extremely inconvenient and the operator did not even let it ring long enough. My wife was calling from Mexico and the calls are not inexpensive.
The restaurant Casablanca - the food was far from goo,. I ordered salmon, seared, what came was a brick that was way overcooked. My colleagues baked potato resembled a burned to death inedible block of concrete. The lady with us ordered stuffed mushrooms which were inedible.

Room Tip: As for a room with a phone by the bedside IF they have one.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
CWI4, Manager at Casablanca Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience in Casablanca Steak and Seafood. Although we strive to meet and exceed our guests expectations, it is evident that we did not achieve our goal with respect to your dining experience.

I have reviewed your issues with our Chef and we are currently looking at our procedures to ensure that this experience is not repeated. Please feel free to contact me personally so we can have you back at the restaurant to redeem ourselves.

At your service,

Robert Stanley

Food and Beverage Manager

Casablanca Winery Inn

1-905-309-7171

fb@casablancawineryinn.com

Reviewed February 24, 2013

First issue I had, which isnt a big one for everyone but was still a minor annoyance for me, was the location of the handicap door button. Carrying a car seat and luggage is difficult enough let alone having to try and find the button! Lol.

Front desk, not very friendly. The three times I encountered with the staff at the front desk they were very reserved. Not smiling, didnt acknowledge me.

Before our stay we researched the hotel and we were excited! The pool looked great and it was! That was the highlight.

The pricing of the room stay and of the restaurant are too expensive. It just didn't seem like anyone working there enjoyed their job or wanted to be there! I know it could have been a bad day for a few of them but it was literally every staff member I encountered. When I see something like this I often think of the management, and the employer, maybe they aren't doing all they can to make their staff happy? I'm just thinking out loud but unfortunately as someone who has worked in the customer service industry for many years it is a make it or break it for me!

The wireless internet....way to poor of a signal. I used my 4G the entire stay.

The Spa...way way way way overpriced.

Overall, the best way I could describe it is "meh". If you can get a reservation at the Super 8 across the street you may as well. However, its the Casablanca Inn is a good place if you need a bed to sleep and maybe enjoy a nice swim.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank gibsonjo
CWI4, Director of Sales at Casablanca Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. It is through information from guests such as yourself that we are able to learn how to better enhance the experience of our guests. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay and hope that this won't deter you from giving us another try in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had a room overlooking the lake..it was a very nice room....it would be beautiful in the spring, summer or fall looking out over the lake. get a room on one of the top floors....people at checkin and check out were great.

Room Tip: Dinner on the 8th floor was great
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dave196161
CWI4, Director of Sales at Casablanca Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Hi,

We are so glad that you enjoyed yourselves here. Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We hope to welcome you again soon.