“Consistently great food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cibo Osteria

Cibo Osteria
Ranked #10 of 59 Restaurants in Grimsby
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, International, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Fresh ingredients&simple recipes that are prepared with love and respect.
Toronto
“Consistently great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

As a long-time customer, I can say that this restaurant is worth returning to again, and again. The commitment they have to cooking authentic Italian comfort food is consistent and reliable. The service is extremely warm and professional. Fantastic.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank George W

Grimsby, Canada
“my favourite italian restuarant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I think it time for me to tell the world how great this place is. I visit weekly, either friday nights to enjoy the seafood special, or saturday evenings for the osso bucco or whatever else might be offered. Without a doubt, whatever it is, we are never disappointed. Tony, Drea, George and Adam prepare some of the best Italian dishes that I've ever enjoyed. We return weekly, not only for the great food and wines, but because at Cibo, your treated like family. So, do yourself a favour, stop by, ask for the special, finish it off with a great piece of cheese cake or cannoli, espresso, cappucinno or your favourite italian liqueur. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank doug b
“a great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Having visited the restaurant numerous times, I continue to be impressed with the quality of the food and service that Tony and his team provide. Pastas are fabulous, pizza's unmatched anywhere!
You have to give this restaurant a try. Having travelled to Europe often, .... Cibo is truly a taste of italy, only better.
caio.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Paolo C
“poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Food was good but the service was awful. Also, I do not liked being nickel and dimed! They charge you extra for every little thing. When I mentioned this to the waitress I got attitude from her and an argument, finally talked to the owner who was reasonable about it and took the extra charges off. Just put the full price on the menu!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jennifer R
Grimsby, Canada
“Thought it would've been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had heard that this restaurant had fabulous homemade pasta especially on Thursdays when an Aunt comes in to make her special ravioli. So we decided to try it last Thursday. We did not dine in as it was a beautiful day and wanted to eat on our patio. So I called in the order of 1 homemade ravioli $16.00 and 1 linguine calabrese $19.00. It was ready within 25 min for pick up - I checked the bag because I thought it felt very light considering what we'd ordered - but there were 2 containers inside the bag, along with 2 pieces of bread, small container of parmesan and a small container of olive tapenade. The were 5 raviolis - they were large, but still I was shocked that it meant they cost $3.20 each. The cheese mix inside was very creamy and the sauce was quite good too. The liguine was pretty much a huge pile of pasta - there was probably a tablespoon of pancetta in it and it was so hot that you could'nt even enjoy it. I like spicy, and I knew it was - but that was too much - when you lose the flavour because your mouth is burning - that's too hot. I certainly was surprised that this pile of pasta was $19.00. To say the least, we were not impressed with the value. The ravioli was defintely delicious - but the linguine was nothing I'd ever order again.

Unfortunately, I think it's somewhat overpriced considering what you get and I won't be going back.

• Visited May 2012