“Deceiving from the outside!”
Review of Cibo Osteria

Cibo Osteria
Ranked #12 of 60 Restaurants in Grimsby
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, International, Contemporary, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Fresh ingredients & simple recipes that are prepared with love and respect. All our pastas such as gnocchi, ravioli ,etc are house made. Our wood fired pizza oven is opening in summer time. Perfect place for catering and group revervation
Ontario
“Deceiving from the outside!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

It was a pleasent surprise and super busy! I would suggest making reservations, as I went on a Thursday and it was packed. I only had dessert but it was delicious. The menu looked great, all made from scratch and lots of variety. Prices seemed reasonable for what you get, this isn't East Side's.....so obviously you pay for what you get. The waitresses are efficient and friendly, and even offerred to take our picture as I was with my girlfriends I hadn't seen in awhile.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Fun_in_Sun1976

Beamsville, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic - cultural culinary delight !”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We have visited CIBO many times, different days of the week, and the food is always fresh & delicious...there's a comfort to consistency !! Last weekend we had visitors from NYC & they were impressed. Keep up the great work Tony, Donna @ staff...
The pizza is phenomenal - original combinations -
I've resisted writing a review, because we like the option of a last minute decision, but we know the word is going to spread anyway....It's worth the drive from wherever you're coming from - you won't be disappointed, unless you can't get a table.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank cpmcd
Grimsby, Ontario
“The Best Parts of Italian Food and Hospitality, right here in Grimsby!”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Tony and staff have built a fantastic Osteria here. All menu items are made fresh in their kitchen, as are the wonderful desserts and breads. Tony and his crew have moved a small part of the best of Italian food and hospitality that one finds off the beaten track in small town Italy to Grimsby and the gateway to the Niagara grape and wine region.

We have been eating at Cibo since they opened in the original location 3 years ago. Having lived in Italy, and recently visited my old "neighbourhood" in Friuli, north of Venice, we ate at several osterias and the fare offered by Cibo Osteria here in Grimsby offers the same eating pleasures and fun.

Now that they have settled in to their new location ( an historic law office building) on a quiter street the patio is grand, and the rooms are cozy and warm. Tony's staff are the same friendly and courteous folks as always.

The best part is that pricing is very reasonable. My compliments to Tony and staff for making a little bit of Italy here, and for supporting the community in such a strong and positive manner.

My only fear: that word will spread and my favourite place in town will be too hard to get into!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Grimsbybud
Toronto
“authentic and flavourful”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I'm afraid to give a stellar rating and they become out of our reach if it were to get too crowded or pricey. BUT I have to say that the food is AMAZING. The quality is the style of Italian food that I would expect from my Italian relatives cooking or restaurants in rural Italy which is excellent. Their pricing is reasonable for the quality of food you get. The service was good hearted small town service. We tried their pizza, pasta, veal parmigiana, and tiramisu and all of it was absolutely delicious and of high quality.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank D D
Monster, The Netherlands
“Nice food, good service, liked the atmosphere...”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The restaurant just moved to a new, nicer, location. It is on Ontario Str now with a nice patio outside. Parking is available behind the building. Inside it looks like a house and you have a feeling that you are dining in somebodies dining room.

Food is good, the choice is limited to pasta and pizza mainly. For meat you have the veal parmigiano. Outside that there is no meat of fish entrees.

Service is quick and good. Nice place !

• Visited September 2011