“Very Accommodating to Gluten Free Guest”

The Restaurant at Peninsula Ridge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Peninsula Ridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Grimsby
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dundas, Ontario
“Very Accommodating to Gluten Free Guest”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

As others have described, it was a nice lunch in a beautiful setting - especially on a spring day when the sun was shining brightly. We had the window table overlooking the vineyard and it was beautiful - with nicely paced service!

Of particular note was the attention to the gluten free guest among the four of us. She was told that she could choose anything from the menu and the chef would gladly modify it to meet her needs. This was done in a matter of fact manner, glad to accommodate us.

We had the soup of the day - potato leek - which would have been nicer if the vegetables had been pureed, but it was tasty. I chose the pizza without olives - and would have appreciated a substitute - for example, figs (which my luncheon companion offered from his turkey breast sandwich)

Nonetheless, it was a nice choice of options for a lovely luncheon in wine country.

• Visited March 2013

Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Beautiful setting and an enjoyable lunch”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

A group of us took a wine tour and the Kitchen at Peninsula Ridge winery was our stopover for lunch. It was a nice setting and food was great. We tasted some of the pork sandwich and some of the pizzas and it was very enjoyable. We had a great view of the winery and our servers were friendly and attentive. A visit to a winery should never be without a wine tasting ... we were guided through some of the feature wines and enjoyed the pleasant treat.

Nobel, Canada
“A nice lunch in a beautiful setting :)”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We went onto a little wine tour and went for lunch at the winery. The lunch was very nice, well presented and tasteful. The setting was casual and I was the lucky one with windows view over the winery. Servers were quiet yet attentive and made us feel comfortable without rushing.

We went across to the winery for some wine tasting and had some knowledgeable and helpful hosts.

Nice experience and we will include this again on next years tour :)

Cambridge, Canada
“Worth a Return Visit”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I ate here on the Saturday evening of the Thanksgiving weekend. Originally, we had a reservation for 8PM, as that was all that was available, but upon calling a couple of hours before, we were able to get in at 7:15 (a table of 12 cancelled).

Service was friendly and attentive without being pushy. The wine list was somewhat limited considering this is a restaurant in at a winery. We ordered a bottle of Peninsula Ridge 2004 Cab Franc. My husband and I shared the Grilled Caesar Salad - grilled romaine, and a de-contructed salad. Flavours were good, but too much anchovy chunks for my liking and missing croutons. A bread basket came just before the salad - crusty whole grain bread - more offered. My husband ordered the Merlot Short Ribs and I ordered the Beef Flank. While both had very good flavour, the Beef Flank was definitely the better deal (large portion of beef). For dessert we shared the Profiterole au Chocolat (3 delicious icecream filled cream puffs smothered in chocolate with a berry sauce on the side.

Prices were in line for the food served. We wouldn't hesitate on a return visit...

Mississauga
“Whatever you do - make a reservation!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant a few times now and have always enjoyed the food and wine. We also always made a reservation. This time we unexpectedly were in the area and dropped in to see if they could accommodate us for lunch. They had a few tables that were reserved, but for some reason, even though there were empty tables, we had to wait until everyone with a reservation arrived and was seated. So my poor husband, wih leg brace on, sat against a stool in the lobby until it was deemed time to seat the people without reservations. I asked why we would have to wait when clearly they had not sold out the restaurant. She advised that they did not want to overwhelm the kitchen. I asked if we had made a reservation - would we have been seated and was advised yes. This presumably would not have overwhelmed the kitchen? All that said - this place has always had good food - and if you actually get to a table the wait staff are fantastic. But having to stand there and wait while clearly there were tables empty left a bad taste in my mouth - and we were left with the feeling that service to customers was not a priority over the kitchen staff - who presumably are professionals. I won't be back.

• Visited August 2012