Ste. Anne's Spa
$134
$85
$82
Travelocity
Budget Inn(Port Hope)(Great Value!)
$70
$64
$79
$101
$98
Robyn's Motel(Peterborough)(Great Value!)
$61
1,451 results
All reviewsanne's spaafternoon teahot tubmy friendmain innswedish massagedining roomget awaywalking trailswonderful experiencecan't wait to go backmain buildingwellness classesrolling hillsfood was amazingmeditation classan overnight stay
Reviewed January 18, 2007

My husband and I decided to take a road trip to Canada for our anniversary. I thought I would make sure our trip was extra special and book us into a spa for one night. After our stop at Ste. Anne's we didn't want to go anywhere else! It was soo amazingly peaceful. Everything was perfectly romantic for our special day. The people that work at Ste. Anne's are sooo nice and pleasant. The grounds are absolutely beautiful! We ate dinner in our robes and the food was out of this world! We were a bit worried that the food wouldn't fit our taste. However, we were completely wrong! Everything was delicious and we had a variety of items to pick from on the menu. I highly recommend Ste. Anne's!! I only wish I lived closer!! =(

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ladybug15
Reviewed January 14, 2007

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Ste. Anne's in December 2006. We had a wionderful time, but life got busy after that (i.e. with careers and kids), so we never made it back until last month when my husband decided to surprise me by taking me back to celebrate our 10 wedding anniversary. Again we had the most amazing time. On the way home in the car, we both agreed that there wasn't anything that we would have changed about our stay other than the fact that we wouldn't leave it another ten years before returning again.

Because we think so highly of Ste. Anne's, I thought I would take a few minutes to provide some feedback about our stay:

Property: Lovely country setting with walking paths
The Actual Inn : Beautiful decor with incredible attention to detail
Atmosphere: Warm, friendly, unpretentious
Staff: Knowledgable, helpful, friendly but not intrusive
Spa and fitness facilities: Amazing (i.e. hard to believe that you can actually get that relaxed)
Food: Delicious

In this busy world we live in, it is a great place to go to unwind, rejuventate and spend some quality time with a significant other. If it is any indication, my husband actually turned off his Blackberry for our enitre stay which is definitely a first.

If you decide to go, I hope you will enjoy iit as much as we did.

Michelle from TO

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TorontoMichelle
Reviewed January 11, 2007

LOVE Ste. Anne's. Best spa that I have ever been to. Have introduced many people to it and have met fellow devotees at locations as far away as Burmuda! Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled solo
1  Thank SpaFan-7
Reviewed January 7, 2007

Each summer, I visit St. Anne's for an annual spa day treat (sometimes Semi-annual!) I have tried other spas over the years, but nothing compares to Ste. Annes. The win me back year after year. I am always treated well and if any mishaps do occur, as they sometimes will, they are quickly rectified. The services that they offer are fantastic. Unlike many resorts - Ste. Annes is first and foremost a spa. Therefore guests can roam the resort comfortably in their robes and always feel relaxed and calm in the tranquility of the setting. I highly recommend this spa resort and remain a loyal customer.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank Melto
Reviewed January 5, 2007

I use tripadvisor quite a bit for personal travel, to check out new spots and get advice. It's an excellent source of information. What I do find time after time is that among many rave reviews there will be one that seems to complain about everything. I have learned over the years to disregard those single entries as some people are either not well travelled and don't have experience to compare to, or perhaps they are simply addicted to seeing or creating the negative in any situation. I couldn't imagine anyone could find or create a negative with Ste Annes, and as you see from all but one review here, it is a most wonderful place.

I travel a bit for business, and a lot for personal pleasure. I want to give you a range of my travel experiences over the past two years just so you have a feel for the experience I draw upon when writing this review. It's not to say' look where I've been' at all - I am not the most travelled nor the least by any means, it's just so you have an idea about how I could be comfortable in many places and have seen lots of options out there.

Over the past two years I have stayed at 5 and 6 star hotels in Paris, Athens, Toronto, New York and in the Caribbean. I have stayed at 2 star hotels many, many weekends for my children's travel sporting events where teams all stay together at the most value conscious place to be found, I have been on a wonderful cruise in the Mediterreanean and scuba diving in gorgeous St. Barts. I have stayed in the most gorgeous little inns in small towns in Europe and Canada. And I camped once in support of a family member. So, it's all over the map - AND I've been to Ste Annes five times. Once, as an annual trip every summer with my mother. Once to celebrate with my best friend who just (in her forties, with three children) graduated from University, once on a Christmas 'mystery tour' with my husband who was thrilled when the mystery unfolded and he was, for the first time ever at a spa, and once with 8 members of my management team as a reward for awesome work and a chance to plan for the future. And once, when I faced some health challenges, all by myself.

I can tell you, if you want peace; true peace, if you want to feel like you are totally cared for and safe from whatever else is going on in the world, if you want to create a life lasting memory with a friend, or a family member, or a special co-worker I have not found a better place. Truly. In fact, my mother and I started this tradition on our annual trips to Ste. Anne's of "going to the tree" and we use this as a coping skill all year long in between trips. And each person I have introduced Ste. Anne's to, now "goes to the tree" in times of trouble. For those of you who have not been there yet - there is the most gorgeous old tree in the back yard, with a beautiful little stone birdhouse- and if you pull up one of the lounge chairs directly under that tree, either on your own or with someone else, I tell you any concern I've ever had has melted away. Maybe only for a few days as the real world awaits, but for that time, under the tree, in between fantastic meals and meditation and stretching classes, and healing treatments, you are so at peace and so relaxed that you feel that you are totally blessed and recharged and relaxed. My husband and I just finished building a home and the 6x6 window over the bathtub is a stained glass replica of "the tree" and my favorite photo of my mother and myself under the real tree sits on the sill. Recently in a management meeting, tensions were running a little high and one of the women who went to Ste. Anne's said, okay, let's just take a moment and 'go to the tree' before we proceed. It's actually quite amazing.

At any rate, I could go on and on but I won't any further. Beautiful accomodations, food to die for, staff that make you feel like they have been waiting for you to arrive. My mother for years has described it as a place where you don't have to lift a finger, and if you did, someone would come and lift it for you. She is 67 and no stranger to hard work or challenges in the real world, but at Ste. Anne's, she knows she will be so relaxed there will be no effort required.

The original East Suite and the Games Rooms are my favorite rooms when two or three travel. For our trip with 8 we combined the East Suite, the Games and the Cathedral which all connect - it was totally wonderful. The one time I went by myself was a totally different experience but completely rejuvenating, and I stayed in one of the brand new rooms - it was also lovely. But it's not really about the room you sleep in - you will be family in no time, and enjoy the living rooms, the couch by the fire, the cozy blankets and the walking trails - the hot tubs and pool. And of course - under the tree. YOU SHOULD DO THIS. Ask to meet Jim or David or Sandy and you will be hooked forever.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple