“wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
Barrie, Canada
“wonderful”
Reviewed April 24, 2006

My friends and I have come to St Annes for 3 years now. Some things have changed over the years ie: staff etc, however, on the whole the experiences have always been wonderful.
I acknowledge that the prices are high but the service is excellent and the staff very accomodating to our every need.
The romms/cottages are lovely and each have their own character-that is: some are rustic country-type and some more modern. All are well appointed and very clean. The housekeeping staff were excellent.
The services/treatements are wonderful as well and we try new ones each year but have a few old favourites that we often go back to. (mine is the eucalyptus body wrap).
The dining room is lovely. The dining room service is not fast because the food is not fast food. It is really good food and it is always served and garnished perfectly.
Not having a liquor licence is not a problem as they wll cork your wine bottles for you and even save them in their cellar for the next meal if you so not finish it. You bring the wine YOU like and you pay the liquor store price.
We take advantage of the outdoor hot tubs, outdoor pool, indoor pool and indoor excercise at Maison Sante. We usually enjoy the walk up to the Maison Sante but have always been offered a ride in a staff van. That's nice when it's raining.
Lastly, the grounds are beautiful and you could spend your whole stay sitting on very comfortable lounge chairs watching the lake in the distance and admiring the birds and lovely gardens or going for a walk on the well marked trails. If you have rainy weather-as we have had-the lounge areas are very nice and warm and excellent spots to catch up on some reading.

• Stayed May 2005
5 Thank dondequaff1962

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed April 24, 2006

This was the best vacation we have ever had. Even though we were to go to St. Bart's Island in the Caribbean -- we were lucky enough to find a get-a-way in Ste. Anne's Spa instead.

Everything from the decor, to the cooking, to the rooms and amazing spa treatments were outstanding. The entire staff treated us with pleasantry and respect. We felt like a King and Queen and handled with gold gloves.

The food was incredible (by a world-renowed Chief). You can take your own alcholic beverages and drink anywhere on the premises (including the dining room). This is a major cost saving measure. Each and every tap in the village supplies SPRING water.

I sent a two page letter to thank the Corcoran family for a unique Spa experience. I have never ever written a thank you to an establishment before. Any one who does not enjoy this Spa - must be a person who is not a happy person. Life is an Attitude.

This is a DO NOT miss experience with their 570-acre out of this world establishment.

Stayed January 2006
4 Thank Susan_brown
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2006

I went to Ste Anne's as a get away for a few days as I had to cancel my vacation. I travel alot and have enjoyed many spas but found this one extremely overpriced, and completely overrated. Perfunctory spa treatments ( except excellent Swedish Massage), average meals with no wine or ambience, a clearly dysfunctional staff (found complaining in the hallways), and loud and obnoxious guests were my experience at Ste. Anne's.

And the price - what a shock! I could have gone to Mexico for a week for what I spent - and no doubt should have. I came back home even more stressed out and certainly very upset indeed about spending $1,300 for two very mediocre days. Needless to say, never again.

• Stayed April 2006
21 Thank DeborahToronto
Reviewed March 27, 2006

This was my second time at Ste.Annes Spa. and I will be returning. My Daughter and I had such a relaxing time. The cottage was beautiful the service was excellent the treatment's took all my stress away. My complement's to the chef for the amazing meals!!!

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 2, 2006

I have to admit that the staff were extremely friendly and almost seemed sincere but at the end of the day they were on the clock. I am the type that has done numerous amounts of get aways at different levels...but for the money spent I'd rather have gotten on a plane and headed south. The services were horribly minimal and very pricey except the massage I had which was great by Jen. Definitely did not come back feeling revived but just the opposite more exhausted. This experience was a learning curve, the food was absolutely tasteless and not what I would call fine dining or fresh. Do yourselves a favour and hit your local salon and get manicure, pedicure and a facial and then proceed to the Caribean, it will probably be less than a two night stay at St. Anne's with a couple of services.

• Stayed February 2006
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 29, 2005

I was there three times so far, and it was always excellent. Clean, warm, relaxing, I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafton
Comfort Inn Cobourg
#1 of 1 in Grafton
Elmhirst's Resort
Elmhirst's Resort
#1 of 2 in Keene

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!