Ste. Anne's Spa
  • Pool
Budget Inn(Port Hope)
Robyn's Motel(Peterborough)
1,445 results
All reviewsanne's spaafternoon teahot tubmy friendmain innswedish massagedining roomget awaywalking trailswonderful experiencecan't wait to go backmain buildingwellness classesrolling hillsfood was amazingmeditation classan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My daughter and I recently visited Ste. Anne's Spa after giving each other a gift certificate for Christmas. It had been a particularly trying time in the last few weeks with my mother being sick and in hospital. Well this was the absolute best present we could have given each other. A whole day of pampering and walking around in a dream like state. From the moment we left our street clothes in the locker and put on our fluffy, toweling robes we just felt that aaahhh feeling from that time on. I had an aromatherapy and head massage.....both amazing. My daughter had the Caribbean experience:) The food was delicious you could taste the fact that the person preparing it, wanted the guests to have a lovely flavourful experience. We spent our afternoon walking to the stables to visit the horses and meeting the person who cares for them...sorry I can not remember her name but she does an amazing job, the horses are so happy and healthy. When we returned we put our robes back on and went in the eucalyptus steam room, a favourite place. I agree with the review about the lap pool, I was expecting something bigger. We did the meditation session which was great. We then did a little shopping in the store....great products and ended our day lounging by the fireplace. How could I forget to mention the tea and all the lovely little goodies, all presented in a lovely way and delicious..we did order an extra scone which was provided without question. All I can say is....you have to experience this at least once in your life, you will be hooked like we are. The only thing I did not like was having to leave.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank suegum
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Believe it or not, this was our last choice. My sister and I were hoping to spend a spa day together and all our usual places were booked up. On a whim I decided to contact Ste. Anne's on Wednesday evening hoping to book treatments for the Thursday (I know... horrible). The guest service agent Ashleigh could have laughed at me for booking so late, HOWEVER she explained how lucky we were that there were TWO spots available for the Day Spa package ($159). The package included a Three-Course Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Access to all amenities (Lap Pool, Hot Tub, Eucalyptus Steam Room etc), One Group Therapy Class and $100 towards spa services. WOW... I decided I hit the jackpot and booked straight away.

So here is the rundown...

The entrance is like something out of a movie. Elegant and well-maintained. We were immediately greeted by a guest service representative and promptly given our forms to fill out (as it was out first time). The lobby area was a bit hectic at that time and with only one person working behind the desk there was a bit of waiting as we were checked in. We opted to prepay to avoid the line up at the end as all Day Spa guests finish around the same time.
We were taken on a tour around the spa and shown the various treatment areas, amenities and given our itinerary. My sister and I kept pinching ourselves as everything seemed to get better and better.

We decided to start with the outdoor amenities; hot tub, lap pool and cool plunge. Considering the size of the facility I was a bit disappointed in the size of these amenities. I have noticed in previous reviews complaints regarding the hot tub and its capacity, to which the owner replied that more than 4 can fit comfortably. I agree, about 6-7 can fit with plenty of space, HOWEVER the rules clearly state no more than 4 in the hot tub at a time, does the owner know this?

The lap pool had a max occupancy of one person, however there were about 2+ people in it at a time. At one point my sister and I were occupying this amenity with 3 other people. While we did not mind sharing, if you calculate the regulated amount of people per activity only 6 people should be there at a time. For the #1 Spa in Ontario I was hoping for a larger heated pool and more than 1 hot tub. (*please note that there was another hot tub located in the Men's locker room however I obviously did not get to enjoy it).

One main highlight for both my sister and I was the Eucalyptus Steam Room. WOW, I highly recommend everyone visiting makes use of this. I felt instantly relaxed.

The next comes from the AMAZING Registered Massage Therapist, Dion. I have had many massages before but this one truly met my expectations and made me second guess all previous. He was professional, courteous and always making sure I was comfortable with the pressure level (which I like intense). The treatment room was located in the basement which provided a quiet setting.

At every turn there was tea available (real loose leaf tea!). I have nothing but good things to say about my lunch, however the afternoon tea snacks left a little to be desired and was a bit sparse.

I will most definitely be returning to Ste Anne's in the future. The staff and owner know how to create ambiance and treat their guests like celebrities.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LoverOfFineThings12
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had yet another awesome time at Ste Anne's, It's a great way to unwind from the busy city. My family really enjoy Ste Anne's Spa,it bring us all together for the day to enjoy each other and to relax at the same time. We all enjoy the choice of spa treatments,My personal fav is the express facial.Fabulous! oh yes and my other fav is the eucalyptus steam room.
If you wont to enjoy Country life and day Spa away from the city then Ste Anne's is your place. We are so excited to return. The girls all gave each other gift certificates for Christmas! See you soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The facilities was great! They welcome you with amazing robes and slippers and spa bag. The locker rooms are very clean and comfortable. We stayed in the "Farmhouse" with 7 people. IT was great to have our own space. All the food was amazing as well. they do not have a liquor licence but you are able to bring your own refreshments :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jazanimal
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My mom and sister surprised me with a day at St. Anne's for my 30th birthday. It was a fabulous day. We started with yoga and then a nice steam in the Eucalyptus steam room. Following that we tried out the various pools in the stone groto. Then it was off for a delicious lunch (in our bathrobes). After lunch we hit the pool. I never wanted to leave. It was the perfect temperature and had a great view of the fields but alas we had to get to our treatments. I had the signature facial. It was nice and the aesthetician was very friendly but in the grand scheme nothing special. After the facial it was off for afternoon tea. They did a great job on this and the selection of tea was extensive. We finished the day with a hike around the property in search of the horses. No luck with the horses but the trails were beautiful. All-in-all I had a great day. The only thing I would have changed was that I would probably would have skipped the treatment. All the other features were just so much better. I would have liked to have had my hour back to spend by the pool or in the steamroom or trying to find those horses!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family