“Great Wings”

B & J's Restaurant & Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Gore Bay
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed June 27, 2013

On my second visit to Gore Bay this year I had a urge for Chicken Wings. The first place I visited was all out of wings that day, B & J 's became my second choice. During my short "take out" stay I had a chance to look around at a nice, well kept dining area and the menu seemed to be well priced. The wait staff was clean, neat cheerful and attended to my needs well. The wings there are a "must have" and come almost anyway you want. I would go back there for just those wings. Overall a very positive experience.

1  Thank Peter M
There are newer reviews for B & J's Restaurant & Ice Cream

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We found the food mediocre at best and the service slow, even though we were virtually the only ones there. The only good thing is that they have "senior" portions for those who don't want the huge servings that seem the norm in the area. I did like the rice with my meal - mixed with wild rice - but the veggies were overcooked.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I recommend the veggie sandwhich. I liked the way they slice the veggies thinly and they have fresh baked bread.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I use to absolutely love going to B&J's but after not being there for a few years i descided to stop by and have some dinner. Well we waited just shy of an hour for a burger,fries,poutine and a kids pogo meal, while the cook was standing at the counter chatting with a friend. The portions were very small and they forgot the fries for the kids meal. I found it was very over priced for the size of meal.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

You have to climb a flight of stairs but it's worth the effort for a good basic, no frills, family food meal at very modest prices. They are liquor/beer licensed and there a nice open elevated patio that connects to the dining room. Excellent overall value for your food.