“THE place to stay in Gore Bay!”
Review of The Queen's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gore Bay
The Queen's Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Gore Bay B&B and Inns
“THE place to stay in Gore Bay!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a really great B&B in an old historic hotel that has been updated with everything that you'd need while still maintaining its original charm. My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in the Victoria room (#1). Right outside our room was the second floor veranda with a great view of the harbour and a perfect place for a coffee in the morning or to read a book at night. Susan and her staff were extremely welcoming and her breakfast is to die for! She even fully catered to my gluten allergy with g-f bread products. Our stay was fabulous and would definitely recommend to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto and Chennai
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Delightful hospitality in tastefully restored inn from the 1880s. Susan went out of her way to provide customised tourist advice to us - room was extremely comfortable. Great location looking out over the harbour, with the boardwalk steps away. Breakfast was first-rate. Highly recommended

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Brennunjal
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Beautiful bed & breakfast spot. The room was very pretty, furnished with antiques, which meant if we wanted a cozy chair to curl up in, we needed to move to the downstairs living room or the library area on the second floor. Breakfast was excellent. The owner was extremely knowledgeable about the island, making suggestions of places to go and things to see.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank judy155004
Trenton, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The Queens Inn is a charming old house that has been livingly restored by it's current owner Susan. The rooms are beautifully decorated with wonderfully comfortable beds and breakfast is plentiful and delicious. We look forward to returning!

• Stayed July 2012
Shepherdswell, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2012

A lovely place to stay. Susan was very welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful, giving us plenty of ideas of things to do & places to visit. We stayed in the suite, as there were 3 of us, which was beautiful. There were lovely views from the hotel and the most fantastic breakfast which kept you going all day!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bagheera60
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. It is a quaint inn with friendly staff. We arrived late (9pm) and had made arrangements with the owner that we would be arriving at that time. There were no issues with this. We stayed in the suite and had a nice visit. The bed was comfortable and warm (I am always cold). Though there was a fan and my hubby did not find the room hot though it was a warm summer night. The bathroom is clean and well stocked with towels. The breakfast was delicious- coffee, tea, orange juice, yogurt, cereal, banana muffins, toast, omelets, and fresh berries. The owner and her daughter were helpful with lots of info about the island and genuinely interested in our lives. We will go back if we have the opportunity.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Raigne
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I was recently in Gore Bay for 2 weeks for work, and the Queen's Inn became my home. I rarely post reviews but I had such a great time I felt the need to share this gem with everyone!

BUILDING: The pictures posted are beautiful but do not do it justice. It's a beautiful Victorian home with high ceilings, beautiful wooden floors and tons of natural light from its many windows. There is a spacious dining area for breakfast each morning, a sitting room with a fireplace and piano, comfortable bedrooms with nice thick pillows and a large 2nd floor verandah with sitting chairs overlooking the lake/marina.

FOOD: I tried very hard to stay on my diet during my stay but it was very difficult as my nose was greeted by the smell of freshly brewed coffee and just-baked muffins/scones/french toast every morning! In addition to these options, guests can also have a variety of fruits, cereals, juices or smoothies, and a "savoury" option - like an omelette with cheese.

SERVICE: This was really what made my stay at the Queen's Inn so wonderful. Susan, her daughter Nicky, assistant Linda, and on the weekends, her husband Robert, are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Susan is always ready with suggestions for dinner or local activities. She's always keen to know if there is anything she can do to make a guest's stay more comfortable, and she really helped me feel like I was "home" during my two weeks away. In the end, it was very hard to leave my newfound friends!!!!

If you're ever up in Gore Bay, whether for business or for leisure, definitely stay at Queen's Inn. I promise you'll be glad you did :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
#2 of 2 in Manitowaning
Mindemoya Motel
Mindemoya Motel
#3 of 3 in Mindemoya

Been to The Queen's Inn? Share your experiences!