“Wonderful place to stay!”
Review of The Queen's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gore Bay
The Queen's Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Gore Bay B&B and Inns
Shepherdswell, United Kingdom
“Wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

A lovely place to stay. Susan was very welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful, giving us plenty of ideas of things to do & places to visit. We stayed in the suite, as there were 3 of us, which was beautiful. There were lovely views from the hotel and the most fantastic breakfast which kept you going all day!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bagheera60

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. It is a quaint inn with friendly staff. We arrived late (9pm) and had made arrangements with the owner that we would be arriving at that time. There were no issues with this. We stayed in the suite and had a nice visit. The bed was comfortable and warm (I am always cold). Though there was a fan and my hubby did not find the room hot though it was a warm summer night. The bathroom is clean and well stocked with towels. The breakfast was delicious- coffee, tea, orange juice, yogurt, cereal, banana muffins, toast, omelets, and fresh berries. The owner and her daughter were helpful with lots of info about the island and genuinely interested in our lives. We will go back if we have the opportunity.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Raigne
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I was recently in Gore Bay for 2 weeks for work, and the Queen's Inn became my home. I rarely post reviews but I had such a great time I felt the need to share this gem with everyone!

BUILDING: The pictures posted are beautiful but do not do it justice. It's a beautiful Victorian home with high ceilings, beautiful wooden floors and tons of natural light from its many windows. There is a spacious dining area for breakfast each morning, a sitting room with a fireplace and piano, comfortable bedrooms with nice thick pillows and a large 2nd floor verandah with sitting chairs overlooking the lake/marina.

FOOD: I tried very hard to stay on my diet during my stay but it was very difficult as my nose was greeted by the smell of freshly brewed coffee and just-baked muffins/scones/french toast every morning! In addition to these options, guests can also have a variety of fruits, cereals, juices or smoothies, and a "savoury" option - like an omelette with cheese.

SERVICE: This was really what made my stay at the Queen's Inn so wonderful. Susan, her daughter Nicky, assistant Linda, and on the weekends, her husband Robert, are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Susan is always ready with suggestions for dinner or local activities. She's always keen to know if there is anything she can do to make a guest's stay more comfortable, and she really helped me feel like I was "home" during my two weeks away. In the end, it was very hard to leave my newfound friends!!!!

If you're ever up in Gore Bay, whether for business or for leisure, definitely stay at Queen's Inn. I promise you'll be glad you did :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Huntsville, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We spent a lovely 2 nights at the Queen's Inn. Everything was fit for royalty.....the decor, the breakfasts, and friendly atmosphere. Since it was our first visit to Manitoulin Island, this experience is sure to bring us back. There were many interesting guests to chat with at breakfast....the Porsche Rally folks, the NOAA members and the staff.
Memorable, relaxing and beautiful!

Room Tip: I can't imagine that there is a bad room!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank snapdab
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Queen's Inn is a lovely well-maintained, historic, Victorian bed and breakfast on lovely and sparsely populated Manitoulin island. The innkeeper, Susan, is well versed in all the attractions on the island. She can direct you to hikes, art galleries, lakes, First Nation information or beaches. The food was delicious, the room spacious and the bed super comfy. Great location for exploring the whole island. Whole heartedly recommended.

Room Tip: Pictures on line. The rooms upstairs have a lovely balcony overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mcubed48
East Amherst, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2011

All the best in a bed and breakfast with true English style. The breakfasts were delicious and varied. Our room was large, clean and comfortable with a magnificent view of the harbour, A spacious verandah on the second floor overlooks the marina and the bay. The staff were helpful, friendly and informative. We are already looking forward to a return stay at the Queen's Inn. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Room Tip: on suite bathroom available on request
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RonPatti
Paris, France
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Located on the shore of Lake Huron, very quiet B&B, beautifully furnished. The rooms are cosy, WIFI is available.
Wonderful home-cooked breakfast ( ah! the apple pancakes...)

If I go back to Gore Bay, Manitoulin Island, I'll definitely stay in this B&B again. The hostess is very nice and friendly.

Room Tip: The Beatrice room is lovely.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
#1 of 3 in Gore Bay
Lake Wolsey Cabins
Lake Wolsey Cabins
#2 of 3 in Gore Bay

Been to The Queen's Inn? Share your experiences!