We spent a couple nights there this past weekend and were impressed. Cute little rooms in good shape and clean. Great views of the lake. We ran the haliburton 50 mile trail race on one of the days and the water spa at Sir Sam's was awesome for us to heal. Steven (???), the manager was kind enough to open the spa up for us early the next morning after our race and was very pleased to do it. We also had to compliment the chef. We had a fantastic dinner in the Spinach & Bean Salad and Chicken entree. We also had the lamb entree although there seemed to be difficulty cooking it to medium. The cut of lamb was excellent, just kept getting it served rare. That said, all the side fixin's and other dishes were top notch. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location. Sir Sam's Inn & Spa is an adults-oriented resort nestled in the Haliburton Highlands right in the heart of cottage country at the base of Eagle Lake, Ontario, Canada. This historical boutique Inn was establish in 1919 and is surrounded by quaint villages, majestic hills and more than 6,000 lakes. The Haliburton Wildlife Center and several golf courses are near the hotel. Hotel Features. Sir Sam's Inn & Spa was once the estate of Sir Samuel Hughes, the government minister who led Canada's military during WWI. This stone-and-timber historical mansion is constructed along Eagle Lake's scenic shoreline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Sir Sam's Inn & WaterSpa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sir Sam`s Inn And Waterspa
- Sir Sam`s Inn & Water Hotel Eagle Lake
- Sir Sam's Inn & WaterSpa Eagle Lake, Ontario, Canada