“Not bad, but not great.”
Review of Twin Fires Dining

Twin Fires Dining
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Eagle Lake
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Food is well conceived but poorly executed. A bit more refined skill would improve the final product a lot.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

My husband and I went to Sir Sam's over 13 years ago and had the most wonderful time. We enjoyed the restaurant the most as the meals were absolutely divine. This year we went back again, after renting a family cottage, for dinner. Our in-laws were kind enough to babysit for us while we had what we hoped would be a delightfully delicious meal to celebrate our 12th anniversary. It was the opposite. The appetizer was great and then it went downhill after that. The dinner selection was limited at best. I ordered the chicken with the brie risotto. Dry, overcooked and not delicious at all. Dessert! Hah! I ordered a chocolate mousse with cherry topping, and it looked like it came out of a jello pudding pack. Then I thought at least I could have a decent cappuccino. Nope, it took them over 15 minutes to figure out the machine and the coffee was so bitter that even after pouring in 3 packets of sugar, it was still undrinkable. We came home and told our in-laws to cancel their reservations for the following night and book Rhubarb down the street instead. Their parking lot was full and the food smelled delicious as we drove by. Sorry Sir Sam but you've lost your shine.