“Come on back”

Dining options: Reservations
Campbellford, Canada
“Come on back”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Since re opening we have been for lunch on two occasions. Definitely there is a great improvement and I would recommended the Riverview Restaurant. They have a new menu with ample choices, good food and prompt service. Great for large groups as well.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank someday0713

Campbellford, Canada
“Good food but often a long wait.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food is not the problem and the service is good, the problem is time between your order being taken and the food arriving. On a number of occasions it's been over an hour. Nice views and good coffee though.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank someday0713
Marmora, Canada
“I Heard Through The Grapevine...”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Hello all, so I am writing this review with some excitement. Although the Riverview has gotten some bad reviews lately, I have heard from the locals that the previous owner will be opening the doors to the Riverview once again!!! I have eaten there numerous times while it was under the old management and had good experiences overall. So, here I find myself typing out this review with fingers crossed that the Riverview restaurant will be back to what it used to be which is great homestyle cooking and baking, and friendly management. Let's hope the rumors are true!

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank icequeen12121
Toronto, Canada
“Worst Service Ever”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Right when we walked in the waitresses just stared didnt tell us to take a seat or wait one moment..nothing. So we had to ask if we just take a seat. She told us it will be half hour wait (although only 3 other people were in the whole restaurant) we said thats fine. She said "Are you sure because it may be longer than half hour" so pretty much trying to sway our decision to stay. We stayed anyway. GET THIS- We told her the food looked pretty good so its worth the wait. Her response to that was "looks can be deceiving" I couldnt believe it. After all this, our coffees and juice never got filled up. Our friends breakfast came AFTER we had finished ours...no apology either. We still left her a tip and on our way out she didnt even look at us not even a 'thank you have a nice day' nothing just took the tip and walked away. When we were eating i could also hear the waitresses complaining about their lives their jobs huffing as they set food down etc, just completely miserable. I would not recommend coming here.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Lisa R
“Disgusted”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I have been to the riverview a few times this summer, today will be the last though. Every time we have come to the Riverview it has been horrible food and service. I usually have to get up and ask for a menu, get up and ask for the bill, refills whatever. The waitresses are horrible. Today our waitress gave us our bill half way threw our meal and told us her shift was over. I was shocked. I've never had a waitress leave through my meal and there was no replacement. We spent the rest of our meal with empty drinks and no napkins. Now here comes the worst part....my boyfriend ordered the Riverview burger and it came on a stale soggy bun that had white mild spores all over it. He asked for another bun and received another moldy disgusting bun. To make matters worse when we went to the cash to pay our waitress was outside smoking and came in to get her tip and left. I am disgusted and wouldn't let my dog eat there. I will never be back and neither will our friends and family that enjoy the same trailer park as us all summer long in Campbellford. If you want good food and service go to Apollos!

• Visited August 2013