“Outstanding Food”

Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Campbellford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

After a day trip of driving we ate our dinner at Chubbys. Who could ask for more, the food is outstanding and the staff is so caring. We have visited Chubbys before and we will be sure to stop by again. We can't wait until the next time. Thank you to everyone. Al and Judy, Belleville Ontario.

3  Thank Judyjud

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Wonderfull food great service, Liz & Ralph are doing a great job, We are regular customers at Chubby's, The roast beef is great & the deserts are wonderfull, the service is great an all round great evening. H & C. Hughes

4  Thank Hazel H
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is my husbands favourite restaurant!! We don't go as often as we would like, because we live a little far away, but we do go on special occasions, and we have taken many family members and friends with us. They have lots of variety, delicious homemade salads, meats, veggies, and scrumptious deserts. My favourite, is the green pea and peanut salad, with a lovely dressing on it.I have ask for the recipe to no avail!!! LOL Family secret!!
Personally, I could fill up on the wonderful salads and deserts. I highly recommend Chubby's!

3  Thank Sharon R
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My sister and her husband introduced myself and several other family members to this most unexpected treasure out in the middle of no where 20-odd years ago. I recall the lovely drive there through the countryside and have to admit that I was silently wondering just where the heck we were going!

Then, there is was and we pulled into a parking lot beside a lovely old building on the side of a small creek.

The excellently cooked home-style food here does not disappoint on any level. Everything is made on the premises by Liz and her husband Ralph and their crew of loyal staff, many of them having been with them for years (which says a lot in itself in my books).

I really love their salad bar and go up at least twice to fill my plate there! While I am not as much of a soup person as is my sister, I will sometimes try a bowl and have never, ever been sorry that I did so (if I could make soup as good as Liz does I would make more of them at home)!

I always, always, always have some of the roast beef, which as many others have stated, you can cut with the side of a fork! I also really, really, really love their mashed potatoes and always get extra of those. I often go back up for a second plate of beef, potatoes & gravy. I have had their chicken, pork and ribs as well over the years and all I can say is YUM!

I have always said that I am more of a main course, meat and potatoes type girl who is not too much into desserts ............. but at Chubby`s I ALWAYS make an exception, several of them in fact as it is so hard to just settle on just one or two of Liz`s incredible home baked treats! Her date squares I think are my absolute favourites and her tarts and squares rank up there pretty highly with me too. Her pies .............. WOW, just how does she get her pastry to be so consistently light and fluffy?

We always have a lovely time when I am lucky enough to be able to visit Chubby's. When my brother-in-law and Ralph get going you never know where the conversation is going to end up and we always leave laughing!

The owners, their staff, the location, the old building, the food, are well worth coming back for time and time again. I just wish I lived closer so that I could get there more often!

Liz & Ralph, long may you remain in business!!!!

P.S. - Their bathroom facilities are always spotlessly clean which is not something that can be said of many so-called finer restaurants in Toronto!

2  Thank Snoozie457
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Not sure how this roast beef is prepared but it has a flavour (every time) like none I have ever tasted !!! The home baking is yummy yummy yummy and the people are very friendly and helpful. This is a feel-at-home kind of restaurant and I would highly recommend to all !!

3  Thank chkim_8703