“Flawless Weekend”

Carp, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Flawless Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Had a hard time finding much info on the park, so we weren't sure what to expect. I went with my 2 cousins (all of us are guys between 20 and 23), and we were pleasantly surprised. Take the time to look at the individual site photos on the Ontario Parks website. I picked out 114 for the treeline along the front, and the laid back firepit clearing towards the back. It was perfect, we set up our tents and parked near the front, we basically had absolute privacy. I got bit by 1 or 2 mosquitos the afternoon we showed up, it was raining a bit, but after that, not a SINGLE bug. There were also no raccoons whatsoever, so we didn't have to wrestle the coolers into my truck every night before bed. The sites were mostly grass, and mostly pretty private. The nearby town of Campbellford provided anything we may have needed over the weekend (+there's a beerstore 200 yards from the park entrance, Canadian Tire, etc...). We were hoping to get some fishing in but without a boat you sort of have to go in to town and make friends with the locals and hope they give away a couple of their secrets. There is no beach, but that didn't bother us, we tend to avoid beaches anyways. However there is a swimming pool in town, and many people were jumping in by the boat launch. There is a also a small waterfall near the Rainy Gorge Suspension Bridge with warnings posted about not climbing down to it, but most people seem to ignore the signs. We walked about a kilometer up the slow, shallow rapids on the smooth rock to the dam in town, which was a wicked experience as well. *Again, there are signs posted warning against this*. My cousin also swam off the waterfall, but the rocky area to climb up at one point had a small blood trail leading up it so I would advise against it to be safe. The park itself was very spacious, all 163 sites were filled, but it didn't feel crowded. It was also a beautiful park, with views of the Trent river, and an Osprey nest at the back of one of the sites. The park itself is built on an old farmland, and we were lucky enough to have an old stone fence run along the back of our site into the treeline. I didn't use the flush toilet facilities, but one of my cousins informed me that is pretty much only 1 or 2 showers for the whole park, usually with long lineups. The pit toilets for the most part were as clean as pit toilets go. The staff were friendly. We made friends with the neighbours across the street and the night walker stopped by and was very polite in reminding us to watch our noise levels when talking, and we never had any problems with them. The front gate staff were also friendly, but try and get your wood from an outside source. We had to work pretty hard the first night to get the fire hot enough to burn the wet wood. The convenience store near the BeerStore had dry wood, which we mixed in with the wet park wood. The park kindling was dry for some reason though. The garbage dumpsters were overflowing by the time we were leaving, but it was the end of August long weekend so I imagine the dumpster traffic was heavy. The boat launch crowded up at some points, so we waded out into the bay to try casting for fish, but nothing seemed to biting. Overall we had an amazing weekend. The weather was perfect, and we were able to stay up around the fire well into the morning without disturbing anyone. And for approx. $40/night, it was a very economical choice. We are going back again next year and already have great expectations. If you have questions be sure to look up The Friends Of Ferris Park on Facebook.

7 Thank evsolymar

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Overnight Stop Over”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I spent a Friday night at this park while returning from picking-up my new trailer. The front gate staff was great and helped me choose the appropriate site that was private and quiet.

The park was quiet for a Friday night and the facilities clean. I especially liked how close it was to Campbellford, I enjoyed dinner in a local pub and was back at my site all within an hour.

I think I will return to the park another time and explore the hiking trails and other attractions.

Toronto, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Nice park.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went to this park with the family with the obvoius intention of seeing the suspension bridge.
The park is primarly kept alive by the Friends of Ferris park group and has a decent set of walking trails that include one that follows the Trent River on the top of a hill.
A couple of covered picnic areas are also in the park as well as washrooms although they are vault toilets with no hand sanitizers.
The park also has several camping sites availible as well but we just did the day permit thing.
Its a decent park and suprisingly pretty quiet which would make it a good option for camping as the park is not as crowded as others.
The park has a good mix of dense trees and with the sound of the river and falls give you a sense of being much further north than you are.
Near the boat launch is a small childrens playground and a volleyball/badminton net set up. There is also a horseshoe pit.
A day permit is just over $10.00 and overall the park is good but will not excite you with exception to the suspension bridge which is breathtaking.

Brampton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

not overcrowded and clean. visited mid week in July and noticed staff cleaning out the picnic area garbages. I liked the signs along the trail explaining the history...

Visited July 2013