“Location location now update it”
Review of Bobby C's Dockside

Bobby C's Dockside
Ranked #57 of 112 Restaurants in Bowmanville
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is a great place for a patio,....some marsh, docks, large boats, birds and water and a great sized patio that you could do anything with! Now to work on the food, building and service a little. Not to say it was "bad", it just needs "Restaurant Makeover" to come in, change things around, paint, get some flavor in the menu, a little more help for the waitress and they will have it made. There was a decent variety on the menu, the specials were good but it just needs a little something. Possibly the season is almost over for a place like this and now they may need to change things up a bit for the fall? We had a good seafood appy and a really good pulled pork poutine with huge curds and lots of meat at a good price. The draft beer seemed very flat and possibly it did not go through a cold plate.. but other than that, it is good for appies, a view and of course sunshine. Not expensive, not cheap but some items priced well,...but for this neck of the woods, there is no place like this for a patio and dockside view to lounge around on and have a few drinks. I would say a great summer place for being outside having beers, not to rush about, tons of parking and to not feel you re in the hustle and bustle of T.O.. I could see me going back.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were able to have a table close to the window (most window tables were for two) with our reservation. My friend and I had the mussel appetizer for our main dish--mine in tomato/basil and hers in garlic/jalapeño. Neither of the sauces were very flavourful and the mussels were minuscule. Although I did not get a report on her husband's prime rib, my husband was disappointed in the preparation of his rack of ribs. According to our server, the restaurant is noted for this dish. The staff were friendly and it was a nice atmosphere.

1  Thank fitmom1010
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have been to the Sunday Brunch many times over the years. The price has gone up 30% since my last visit and the selection of food seems to be less. Food was soso at best. Orange juice was certainly like no orange juice I ever had. More like an orange drink. Buffet for 2 plus a coffee and an orange julce $44. I won't be going back anytime soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place was on the water with a great patio. Staff was friendly and accomodating and the food was good. It has a good variety of menu items, from sandwiches, burgers and wraps to pizza, pasta and steak/lobster. The prices ranged from $8-$30.
Our waitress was friendly and patient - we took our time and never felt rushed. I'd definitely go back!

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

this place is the worst! this is the first and for sure the last time i go. i went with some friends. we all ordered starters but none of them showed up but they did on the bill. my seafood had gone bad and everyone else did not get half way through their meal because it was so bad. when we got the bill and we all saw the starters we did not get we told the waitress insisted that we paid them. that pissed me off and i wanted to talk to the manager. the waitress said he was coming but did not come to our table. a friend pointed out that there was someone who looked like they could be a manager engoying a couple of beers. when we asked for the mamager again we saw the waitress go to the person we thought was the manager and sure enough it was the manager. before any of us could say anything he started talking about how hard his day was and how long the week has been. we told him the problems and he said " i fail to see the big issue here." so i told him the issue again and the starters were taken off. he came with coupons for free starters. i told him that he could keep mine because there is no way im going back. and while we were leaving he rambled on about the week and how bad was until we got out the door. the only positive thing i can say is the deck outside is nice to sit out on

2  Thank tHIS_gUY5