“Great food! One of our favourites in Bowmanville”
Review of Hancs Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hancs Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Bowmanville
“Great food! One of our favourites in Bowmanville”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We've been to Hanc's many times lince living in Bowmanville it is our favourite place for wings and milk shakes.
We've never been disappointed, we're new to the Bowmanville area and the wings here are the best in Bowmanville. I just wish the hot wings were just a bit spicier. The honey garlic wings are amazing.

Had dinner with my wife here today and tried the $9.99 special which includes wings, fries and a pint. One of, if not the best, deals in town! My wife loves the milkshakes here they make them the old fashioned way.

The fries are also excellent.

Have yet to be disappointed. I hear the fish and chips are also great, but haven't tried them yet.

• Visited February 2013

Oshawa, Canada
“not what it use to be”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The place is certainly showing it's age. They seem to be more understaffed lately. The food just isn't what it use to be.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank mn c
“Very Sad Service....”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I remember hearing about Hancs years ago before I ever moved to Bowmanville, so my first summer here when someone came door to door selling a Discount card, I figured I was getting a great deal. We have used our dining card 3 times now and each time we have been thoroughly disappointed. At this rate, I will likely not use it completely. The service at this restaurant is horrible, I do not know how they can still be in business. We were only 1 of 3 tables with patrons in the restaurant section and waited for our order to be taken for over 20min. When our food finally came it was disappointing, one of our meals was the philly cheese sandwich described as thinly sliced steak and what was on the bun were chunck of beef similar to a stir fry, one half of the bun had 3 pieces, so all you got was bun and cheese with most bites. The fries which are normally something they are famous for were greasy and tated of old grease, I got no flavour from them at all.

Sadly each time we have gone the service has been lacking and the wait rediculous. The waitresses are less than friendly and seem they dont even want to be there either.....

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank michl_75
“Fish and Chips”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

It's worth the drive to Bowmanville if you're a fish and chip afficionado. Hanks fries are also very popular. Last time I checked you could find the chip truck near the corner of Liberty and King St. (hwy 2) on the south west side in a vacant lot.

1 Thank travelbug9999Ontario
Bowmanville, Canada
“Going, Going, Gone down Hill!”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is my hometown and Hancs was built after they started a Great Chip truck and expanded. That was at least 25 years ago and it just isn't the quality it use to be. If you get the 1/4 chicken it is usually dry and way over cooked. The dipping sauce they serve with it is good when it is hot but usually its served luke warm or cold and in a tiny little cup which you have to ask for more to finish your chicken with. The fries are good when the oil isn't old and leaving a horrible after taste. The decor is OLD and needs to be updated. It is a good starter restaurant who's owner is tired and just doesn't care anymore. Thats the impression it gives. Make homemade food and make it good and you would have my buisness. We try it once a year in the hopes that it improved but Nope everytime we go it sucks!
By the way the famous Hanc's fry truck, SUCKS now too. OLD oil which stinks and taste terrible. How can you wreck fries. Oh, I know, don't change the oil for months, and months, or is it years and years. Yuck! Plus don't offer ketchup or allow me to put my own salt and vinagre on my fries.

• Visited May 2011