“DISGUSTING”
Review of East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's
Ranked #75 of 110 Restaurants in Bowmanville
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hey Budda Boom Budda Bing! We are the Home of All-You-Can-Eat soup or salad and garlic home loaf and offer delicious Italian meals at great value. At East Side Mario’s your family is our family and we are committed to deliver Amore in everything we do!
Bobcaygeon, Canada
“DISGUSTING”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This past weekend my fiance and stopped in at this location for dinner. Upon arrival the hostess seemed friendly but clueless, we requested a booth, and she started to lead us towards the bar area, I asked if it would be possible to sit in one of the many other booths available in the Dining area to which she replied, "No, that server is not here yet" mean while there were many of others seated in that area, so we went along with it and were seated in the bar. We were immediately greeted by our Server, he immediately struck me as not overly friendly. We placed our drink orders as well as an appetizer order. We promptly received our drinks and quite soon after our appetizer arrived and then it all began to go downhill VERY quickly. Our server informed us he would go and get us some salad and bread, our appetizer was long gone, our drinks were empty and still no salad or bread, we continued to wait about another 5 minutes until we finally asked a different waitress if she could find out where our bread and salad was as our waiter had now returned behind the bar and was more interested in chatting with his younger co workers rather than serving us. The woman immediately got all defensive and said " Well how was I suppose to know you needed Salad?" She rolled her eyes and walked away. Our salad and bread arrived to which she slammed it down on the table and walked away. I have no clue at this point why were were being treated this way, at no point were we rude to these people or requested anything crazy! Eventually our meals arrived, they were delivered to us by yet again a different server, she asked if we wanted some fresh Parmesan, in which replied yes, she disappeared to get the cheese never to return again. I must mention that while all this was going on the restaurant was not overly busy. A group of girls came and sat in the booth beside us and immediately our original waiter immediately was all over these girls, getting them whatever they wanted and being totally chatty and friendly, a complete reverse of what we had experience thus far with him. My Fiance took about 5 bites of his pasta, when all of a sudden he pulled a giant dark hair from his Pasta, it was disgusting! another waitress saw this and called out to our waiter to come over...he came over and said nothing, he did not apologize, did not say anything just took the plate and walked away. Eventually some woman came...perhaps a Manager, hard to say, she was laughing and all jovial when she approached the table, she never introduced herself, what-so ever, she asked if he wanted another pasta to which he replied no. We were at our ropes end at this point and just wanted to leave, we were treated like complete garbage the entire time we were there, we not ONCE were asked how our meal was, if they could get us more bread of salad, or even a refill for that matter. The woman who came to the table regarding the hair was the most unprofessional woman I had ever met. We waited another 20 minutes to just pay our bill as our waiter continued to stand behind the bar 3 feet away blatantly ignoring us and flirting with his MUCH younger co worker! I went to the washroom, which was also DISGUSTING, there was feces on the wall in the one stall, the floor was filthy and there was some sort of leak coming from under the wall. The vanity was rusted out and there was no paper towel or soap. I returned from the washroom to at which point our server had not came to take our payment, he came over, and said he needed to go get the Debit machine and yet again WE WAITED...and then instead of getting the machine he went and started chatting with the table of girls beside us, he eventually brought us the machine, did not say a word to us took payment and walked away, no thank you, no have a nice day...nothing.
I have NEVER in my entire life received such HORRIBLE service at a restaurant, this place is the biggest joke! I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone it s so dirty it should be shut down and the service is so bad that it is almost comical. I warn you and anyone you know DO NOT go to this restaurant unless you want to be treated with disrespect and have hours to waste on incompetent service... NEVER EVER AGAIN will I set foot near this dump!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Courtney W

Toronto, Canada
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We find this location is hit and miss on food quality and service. Restaurant needs a thorough cleaning. Floors are filthy, booth seats are full of crumbs and it all needs a good scrubbing. Food on last visit was just ok, def not a place to go to for "italian"

• Visited October 2013
oshawa
“Terrible food matched the service”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Took my daughter & grandson to celebrate her getting full time job. My caesar salad needed more dressing but I didn't complain. As we're eating our salads the main course came. Told the waitress we weren't ready for it yet still eating our salads (& there's no room on the table for those platters anyway) her mouth dropped & just stood there. She said ok & walked away. Came back later with the food, my pasta was cold so I told her, she asked if I want it heated up, of course I did, she didn't looked pleased. It came back but my veal cutlet was tough & grizzly, my daughter tried it & spit it out. My husband's pasta was also cold but he was hungry so he ate it anyway. My daughter then told me that when the waitress took our food back the first time she put it on a table behind us (not back in the kitchen to keep warm) I couldn't believe it. Needless to say we WILL NEVER BE BACK !!

• Visited September 2013
“Awfullllllll”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Took my daughter out for her anniversary to East Side Marios. The service was okay, the bread and ceasar salad was alright. Then the entries came. There was no sauce on our spaghetti & meatballs it look like it had been microwaved and it was dry and in a lump if you tried to pick it up, my husband sent his back and didn't eat he said it was disscusting, my daughter had to ask for extra sauce and it was still not all eaten. My 16 tall high lasagne was terrible, no taste, no meat and no sauce to speak of. The whole experience left a nasty taste in our mouths. Will never go back . Terrible for an supposed Italian restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Toronto
“Average East Side Mario’s (Nothing Special)”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The service is not particularly fast but the wait staff is friendly and the food is reasonably priced but to be honest nothing special. Great for families with children as East Side Mario's has a kids eat free promotion.

• Visited August 2013