“Food was average at best”
Review of East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's
Ranked #76 of 110 Restaurants in Bowmanville
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hey Budda Boom Budda Bing! We are the Home of All-You-Can-Eat soup or salad and garlic home loaf and offer delicious Italian meals at great value. At East Side Mario’s your family is our family and we are committed to deliver Amore in everything we do!
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Too expensive, food was average at best, service was less than perfect. I would opt for something else when visiting Bowmanville.

1  Thank mark435

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The food was good, the service, good, the ambiance, great. We will be back soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

The food has gone down hill! Not impressed! Over priced for what you get!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Ok so if you want salad with cheese on it and endless bread go here. But as for food choices its all made off site by Sisco foods and shipped in to be warmed up. I ordered the raviloni which came cold, sent it back, it came back, cold! Waitress asked how it was I said its the same but I am just going to eat it, times ticking. No, no, she insisted I get a hot meal so she sent it back this time it came back with steam rising off the plate, Ahh! I said, thats hot thank you so much. I then bit into the ravioli and to my shock it was COLD! Yes the sauce they poured over it was scalding hot, but the ravioli was cold. How hard is it to make fresh ravioli from scratch? Pasta dough and all. I decided to try it at home myself it takes 5 mins to make the dought and 5 mins to roll and stuff it and 1 min to cook it. This would make all the difference in the world, imagine cooks who actually know how to make things and cook how great would that be? We have had so many bad dinners there that we just laugh when someone suggests it. Thats why we don't go there anymore. Not to mention the food poisonings!

1  Thank M G
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Wow where to start? This restaurant is by far the most disorganized establishment I have been to. It should be shut down and I am sure is ripe for a lawsuit at some point. I was admittedly stupid for returning here more than once.
This ESM is however very consistant in terms of poor customer service, poor management and worst of all poor food. I will explain:
1) In late 2010 I ordered the chicken and found a piece of wood in the chicken roughly 1 inch long. I found it after biting into the chicken, nearly swallowing it.
2) May 2011. I ordered the seafood pasta. Long story short, some brainiac cook pried open a mussel which did not open after cooking. I figured out in the end that I had 1 more mussel on my plate than shells present. I further realized this after nearly eating a piece of shell from the the unopened mussel which was buried in my pasta and had broken off after being forced open. End result? FOOD POISONING.
3) After advising ESM via their web site I was given a 25$ voucher. I was not looking for any compensation but decided to chance it and use the voucher/certificate several months after the fact. Bad move. They (Bowmanville ESM) actually ran out of bolognese sauce on a Thursday evening at roughly 6pm. Wow, An Italanian restaurant with no bolognese sauce. Kinda limits choices lol. Then we got to enjoy our soup with tea spoons as ESM ran out of clean soup spoons. They also served us different sized plates for the same meals for the same( "we ran out of clean dishes") reason. Oh ya the mens washroom ran out of hand soap. To top it off the service was pathetic.
Any contact with ESM Bowmanville was a joke as well. Very poor all around service and product.
Of note, my neighbour and his wife also refuse to attend this location due to similar experiences.
Do yourselves a favour, save your money, avoid this location at all costs.
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3  Thank jays201517