“Not up to expectations - must do better.”
Review of Maddy's Pub & Restaurant - CLOSED

Maddy's Pub & Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I had been to Maddy's frequently over the last few years, under it's previous ownership. Last week was our first visit since it changed hands, and we were looking forward to the Murder Mystery play and dinner that had been advertized, thinking this was a great new addition to the local scene. How disappointed we were.

The play was OK, but the audience was largely amateur theatre actors, whose banter among themselves was loud and exclusive. We were the only 2 non-theatre types at a table of 8, and we felt very much out of place. Howver, that wasn't really Maddy's fault / problem.

Our complaint with Maddy's centres around the meal and its serving. I ordered the beef, and it was fine - except that it came 15 minutes before my wife's salmon. The salmon was almost inedible - totally overcooked, and with cold, waterlogged vegetables. My wife said so, but was ignored by the waitstaff, so we left at intermission. Not a good experience, and poor value for our $100 tickets.

3  Thank Bankerboy1947

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Not A Bad Pub
I recently had the pleasure of stopping in Bowmanville for lunch and found a quaint little pub at the foot of Division Street. Its name: Maddy’s Pub and Restaurant. From the minute you walk in you get the feel of an English style pub with a finer dining area to the right and a pub style space to the left (complete with bar).

The service was good and the waitress was quite comical. There is emphasis on pleasing the patrons and if it is not on the menu the chef will do his best to accommodate your request.

The patio is nice and large and the road is quiet (I believe there is a funeral parlour across the street) so dining outside is quite enjoyable. If you find yourself in Bowmanville and are looking for a cold one with some pub fare give Maddy’s a try.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

When I told people I was visiting Bowmanville for a few days, I was told not to leave without a visit to Maddy's. Good advice. This is a lovely little small-town bar and restaurant where it is easy to fit in with the regulars and the hospitality from behind the bar was as good as the food on the plate. The menu is fairly light bar-style but easy on the wallet and appreciated by the stomach. A good selection of imported draught beers is on hand including English, Scottish and Irish. It was too cold to sit out on the fenced-in patio but I'm sure it will be full in the not too distant future. Definitely a go back to place.

1  Thank Torontax