“Rude staff” 2 of 5 bubbles

Bowmanville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I agree it's close by but it Sucks for service, and quality. Went for lunch for all you can eat and was told that I could only order once off the sheet? Why? Because it is approaching 4:00. Sorry but if you come at 3:45 and they give you the lunch menu then you get to eat off the Lunch menu till you are done. No other sushi restaurant I have been to has ever done that. If you go to Sushi mountain in Whitby you can go at five minutes to the cut off for dinner, and you can eat off the lunch menu till you are done, so what the Heck?????? I paid for all you can eat lunch, and as long as you offer me the all you can eat luch menu I should be able to order off it, Regardless of the time!!! Rice was hard and very unimaginative rolls. Go elswhere!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Matthew p

Whitby,Canada
“Service needs real improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Service needs real improvement. The sushi guys behind the counter are better than the servers. Servers need to be trained to watch what's happening at their tables and follow up. Food reasonable for small town Ontario

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bowmanville, Canada
“It's close by”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This sushi place is by far NOT my favorite place to enjoy sushi. Some staff are very friendly, and the other half are rude! And lately we have had some really rude servers. We have had them try to clear our plates before we are even done and are put out when you are not done. We are not big eaters and order small amounts so as not to get to much food. Sometimes they forget you are there all together. We eat alot of sushi and have had bad experiencences with this one. At times the rice is hard, the ginger tastes like aspartame, and I never like the soya sauce here. The BBQ ribs are good, but there is no seaweed salad on the lunch menu, and their rolls are very unimaginative. In fact if you order the Dynamite rolls, and the Tempura shrimp rolls you cannot tell the difference. No spicy miso soup at lunch either, and for dessert there is only icecream.The decor is lacking as well, and even though it's relativley new it's showing signs of wear and tear.

Now if you want to compare, go to Sushi mountain on Hwy #2 and Thickson where they also have All you can eat sushi for $11.99 which includes drinks and desserts. They also serve icecream, PLUS deep fried bananas, and milk cake. Their lunch menu is very excitting they serve crystal maki, Fugi rolls, House rolls to die for, Spicy miso soup, and seaweed salad, as well as many other delicious choices mmmmm. The quality at Sushi mountain is far supperior as is the decor.

The only good thing I can say about Mito sushi is that it is close if you live in Bowmanville. But if you want good, go 20 mins to Sushi Mountain.

• Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I go here all the time when I am in town to visit my parents. This place is GREAT! Was so happy to finally have a Japanese restaurant in Bowmanville...AND, a good one at that!

I usually go for the lunch unlimited special for $11.99. They have a good selection of sushi, sashimi, tempura, salads, soups, noodles, etc. You also get a drink and a choice of ice-cream for dessert.

The restaurant is also tastefully decorated and very clean. It's large enough to not feel crowded and small enough to retain a sense of intimacy. I have actually met quite a few nice other diners there. The service is always friendly...the people that work there do a wonderful job! I like how they recognize me and automatically get my usual drink before I even order.

I highly recommend this little gem in Bowmanville! :)

• Visited July 2012