“WOW!!!”

Country Chic Shabby Chic & All Things Country
More attraction details
Owner description: Vintage and shabby chic home decor. Custom furniture painting. From rustic to retro...Antique and vintage.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“WOW!!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I heard about Shabby Chic from a friend of mine, and when I was in Toronto in November I decided to take an afternoon drive out to Bowmanville to see this place. When I walked in, I saw the owner Rhonda talking to a customer, she looked over at me with a warm smile and I started browsing. I couldn't believe how talented she was, she took old worn out relics and had them looking like NEW!! I ended up buying a few things and gave a couple away as gifts (which the recipients really liked). I will definitely go back next time I am in Toronto, it was so worth it. My problem when I went the first time.....didn't bring a big enough bag! Seriously though, whoever reads this should swing by. It's located out in the country so it accentuates the charm!

Nice meeting you Rhonda!!

Visited November 2012

Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I heard through the grapevine about this amazing shop and was blown away by the quality of re-purposed furniture. You could buy stuff manufactured to look vintage in a big city for 10x the price, or you could actually buy the real deal for a fraction of the price.

It is absolutely worth the drive to check it out. You will NOT be disappointed. Rhonda is an angel!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank TorontoTraveller182
Bowling Green, Kentucky
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“"Country Chic" - charming vintage and shabby chic out in the country”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Rhonda Melanson has turned her love of vintage and passion for all things "shabby chic" into a charming, lovely store where you can find a wide selection of your favourites to make your house a home. From deliciously scented soy candles, small jars of local honey, vintage pyrex and china, "smalls", vintage salt and pepper shakers, milk glass, upcycled chalkboards and old chandeliers to beautifully painted antique pieces (beds, vanities, buffets, cabinets, baker tables, chairs, mirrors...) restored, distressed, upcycled and repurposed into works of art for storage, or for that perfect spot in your home. The store is located in Rhonda's farmhouse which lends amazing character and a cosy ambience to your shopping experience. "Country Chic" also has a FB page where you can see "before" and "after" photos - what transformations! You're bound to find something unique for your home or outdoor space. It's very accessible countryside and worth visiting - and I do, often! Thank you Rhonda, for your passion, inimitable talent and this gem!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank VintageGypsies
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Truly a Hidden Gem -- Love this Place!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Country Chic is a wonderful store hidden on a country road in Bowmanville.

Rhonda's store is filled with vintage gems and shabby chic furniture that she has lovingly recycled, and re-purposed herself. Rhonda's sunny smile and warmth keeps me coming back -- not to mention the unique and wonderful collection she has.

Shabby Chic painting services are also available.

Truly a gem of a store!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Cindi M
Aurora, Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Love this Place”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Nothing better than getting up on a Saturday morning with a cup of Timmies and going to visit Country Chic to see all of Rhonda's newest treasures. When you get there you will with be greeted with a smile by the owner herself Rhonda. I have bought several pieces from Rhonda and they have brought such warmth to my home.

Love this place.