“Ladies Lunch”

Agrarian Bistro & Bar
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Bloomfield
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Our diverse selection of rustic style dishes takes advantage of the wonderful produce this area has to offer. Chef Paul Tobias shares his modern spin on classic comfort food and the result is delicious! From the farm, dairy, bakery and winery right to your table. Pull-up a chair and enjoy great food and soak up the rustic warmth of our dining room. Agrarian Market wants to make entertaining easy for you with our local gourmet food items to go. We carry over 50 International and Regional Cheeses, charcuterie from Seed to Sausage, seasonal local preserves and authentic French baguette baked fresh daily. Our bar, The Speakeasy, is a funky space featuring craft brews on tap, great ciders and wine and killer cocktails. Live music on Fridays and Saturday Shuffle with Fondue night are just a few of the fun events taking place in the bar. Food, drink, friends! Come rest your roots at Agrarian, you'll be happy you did!
FL
“Ladies Lunch”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just out browing through Bloomfield for the day, asked what was good and Agrarian was recommended. Boy, was NOT disappointed! Lovely place with great choices for an appetizer tray (of meats and cheeses) with delectable wines and lovely grilled cheese and meat sandwiches. Glorious combinations! I loved the atmosphere, warm and cozy, deserts looked fantastic though I didn't indulge. I enjoyed my lunchtime glass of wine with my grilled cheese sandwich and salad and watched people. It was chilly out that day, but what a great way to pass a lovely day!

• Visited November 2012

Toronto
“Grilled Cheese never tasted this good!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

It was our final day in Prince Edward County with friends. We had hit some great wineries, and were looking for a good place for lunch before getting on the highway to head home. Two of us had been to the Agrarian Cheese Market in Bloomfield before. We knew the menu was limited to about 5 grilled cheese sandwiches, plus the daily special, as well as dessers and local wines.
But we suggested to our friends this was the place to go, as having a limited menu, in this instance, means what they do serve is done REALLY well.
We were not disappointed. Two of us got the Thanksgiving special, with turkey and cranberry sauce in the grilled cheese. I know it sounds odd, but it was heaven. The other two went for the mushroom grilled cheese sandwich, which they seemed to enjoy very much.
Even though mom never suggested this when I was a child, I've discovered nothing goes better with a great grilled cheese sandwich than a glass of local wine, which Agrarian has plenty of.
I know it sounds simple, but the grilled cheese sandwiches are incredibly tasty. All are served on incredible bread, with a side salad as well.
We didn't partake in dessert, but they looked amazing. We did however, buy some cheeses to take home from the cheese market in the store. Some great options were available there.
I highly recommend Agrarian Cheese Market and Speakeasy for lunch when in Prince Edward County.

• Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
“The best grilled cheese I ever ate”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stopped in for lunch and it was so yummy! Not a huge menu but we sampled a few things and they were all great. Really fresh salads and my sandwich was just delicious. I would recommend this restaurant for lunch to anyone who loves cheese.

• Visited September 2012