“Customer-Repellent Service”
Review of Slickers - CLOSED

Slickers
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I absolutely love Slickers ice cream. The product itself is fantastic, and I will not say a bad thing about it. My personal favourite is Chocolate Orange, although Campfire is also really, really awesome. They also have Apple Pie ice cream, which is unique and tasty.

HOWEVER, my experience with the Slickers in Bloomfield was so off-putting I doubt I'd ever want to return if it weren't for the quality ice cream. My family and I were served by four surly teenage girls who were rude, cranky and quite frankly, gross. They were eating french fries and not washing their hands. They were using their bare hands to wipe ice cream off the counter. The same girl who was handling money was handling the cones. One of the girls even snapped at my sweet-as-sugar aunt!

2  Thank Robin P

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My friend had the Orange Chocolate and Campfire Cream (I think thats what its called) on the way through town. We had to stop on the way back and do it again. So I got that same.

The man who makes it happened to be there...I can describe it with the two words I told him described him best ...."evil genius". Campfire Cream tasted EXACTLY like roasted marshmallows. I am an ice cream junkie and that was the best thing ever.

I just wish I lived closer.

And the guys waiting behind us had used deodorant that day.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We often stop at Slickers on the way home from the beach, always choose the same flavour - chocolate orange - as it's unlike anything else...mmm...However, the customer service is usually ok-ish, but yesterday was downright awful. The four servers, while serving customers, were sharing a plate of french fries with ketchup - WHILE SERVING! They didn't wash their hands, and the same people that scooped ice cream were handling cash. My husband was handed a cone the server pulled from the dispenser with her bare hands, the same one she'd just been eating fries with. If not for the kids in our group holding their cones already, we'd have left right then. Won't go back.

1  Thank AimeeDP41
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is not even an option. When in the county, you have to go to Slickers. They are only open during the summer months, though. Creative flavours like smores and apple pie, with chunks of pie in the ice cream. Absolutely delicious.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Just came back from a 3-days trip in PEC. Stopped at Slickers for a refreshing ice cream.
The ice cream was excellent and the flavours amazing. The 3 girls serving us were the total opposite. I suggest the owner to give his personnel some basics in customer service. If they are tired of describing the “non-obvious” flavours to customers, they should have it clearly written on the board.

2  Thank Esteve2013