“New ownership, but the same great ice cream”
Review of Slickers - CLOSED

Slickers
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout
Chicago, Illinois
“New ownership, but the same great ice cream”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I swear Campfire (toasted marshmallow) has bits of burnt stick in it, and the Apple Pie and Rhubarb Ginger are also great bets.

Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Toronto
“Delicious ice cream!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you're in Bloomfield you must stop here. The ice cream is all made on site, and the selection of flavours available is most unusual (and delicious!). My family tried the rhubarb-ginger, strawberry, chocolate fudge cookie, apple pie, and campfire (slightly burnt marshmallow) flavours. I had to sneak back again for more campfire ice cream, it was sooo good. Now that I'm home again, I wish I had bought a couple of quarts of campfire ice cream to enjoy at home.

Toronto
“Must try this ice cream”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Fantastic ice cream on Bloomfield's main street. Get the apple pie flavour! It's to die for -- real pieces of pie crust. There is often a line up -- the word is out!!

Visited July 2013
Trenton, Canada
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stopped here for Ice Cream today, my daughter had Mango and loved it, my husband ordered a half pint of half Apple Pie and half Lemon Chiffon. I ordered a half pint of half Black Cherry Cheesecake and half Chocolate Peanut Butter.
The Apple Pie Ice Cream was great!
The Black Cherry Cheesecake was a disappointment. Lots of crunchy ice crystals in it and no cheesecake flavour. I was anticipating chunks of cheesecake or at LEAST a cheesecake flavour. It tasted like vanilla ice cream with some Graham Crackers and Black Cherry mixed in.
The Chocolate Peanut butter also was just "ok", I didn't taste any peanut butter in it, it was like eating just plain Dark Chocolate Ice Cream. Would have been delicious if that is what I wanted or expected, but I expected some Peanut Butter in there.

“Yum Yum Yum”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This ice cream is to die for! Especially on a hot summers day. We stayed in Bloomfield for 3 days and went to Slickers every day! Needless to say the belt is complaining :( My absolute favourite flavour was Apple Pie - my mouth is watering just thinking about it. So glad I don't live nearby else i'd be as big as a house! Don't miss on on some fabulous local ice cream. nom nom!