“Angeline's Inn - Not a Destination”
Review of Angeline's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bloomfield
Angeline's Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 Bloomfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I spent 3 days at Angeline's this month. We were booked in the Bijou Room (not the highest and not the lowest in terms of cost). Upon arrival, we were quite disappointed with the room. It was small, had a slap-dash feel (ie. a room of 'antiques' but nothing went together) and the small bathroom was not connected to the room - it was down a short, private hall. The bed was especially disappointing - not comfortable, no headboard and nothing to make it look inviting. A few minutes after arrival my husband said 'This isn't the bed that was in the pictures'. I was skeptical, but sure enough he pulled out his computer and found the photo of the Bijou Room which was complete with a white, four poster bed! This bed was sorely missing from our room. We tried to stifle our disappointment and started out on a walk into Bloomfield. Half way there we decided that we hated the room and turned back to see if any upgrade would be available. We spoke with Pat, the lovely woman at the front desk and found that the premiere suite, the Angeline Room, was available. Without hesitation we upgraded, despite the hefty increase in price per night. We moved our bags into the Angeline Room - and what did we find? The four poster bed that was supposed to be in the Bijou Room! Overall this room was lovely - big sitting room, pretty bedroom and gorgeous bathroom with a big, lovely tub.

We enjoyed our stay in the Angeline Suite, however it is worth noting several odd things. First, the 'decorating'. Despite the lovely room, it was hard to ignore the unusual collection of furniture -again a wide range of 'antiques' but no sense of any sort of style. Second, the cleanliness. Overall, the room was generally clean, but clearly there is no one who checks for thoroughness - in both rooms there were dirty coffee cups and saucers left behind. After an early morning swim at Sandbanks we left behind a bit of sand in our bathroom on the first morning. Upon returning in the evening, the sand was still there, as was our full garbage can. Third, there seems to be extreme rationing rules. Upon arrival, our bathroom kleenex box contained one kleenex and there was not replacement box available (and no one to ask since it was after 6pm). Even after our room was made up on the second morning, we never received a new box of kleenex. Also, our large and lovely bathroom contained one soap and one shampoo. As luck would have it, both my husband and I forgot soap and shampoo. We literally had to share the tiny soap and bottle of shampoo over the three days of being there (despite obviously being used, the soap and shampoo were not replaced when our room was made up). At one point I was in the tub and my husband was in the shower and he ran over to lend me the soap. Seriously? Finally, I have to mention the food. The juice, coffee and croissant are lovely, it just shouldn't be called breakfast. If you plan to have any energy for your day of traveling through the County, you will need to have a real breakfast elsewhere. Avoid the other food offerings at Angeline's. We tried the shirred eggs one morning and they were horrible.

We met only two employees at the Inn - Pat at the front desk and the woman who serves the 'breakfast snack' in the morning. Both were exceptionally warm and welcoming and were the bright spot in the whole stay.

Overall, I think my husband summed it up best. This is not a destination. If you are traveling through and need a place to sleep, it's fine. We wanted a little couple time, away from children and away from Toronto. A place that felt special. Angeline's is not that place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
afida2, Manager at Angeline's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.We're sorry to hear your stay in The County wasn't as you would have liked. We are dedicated to the comfort of our guests and anything we can improve on we take very seriously.
As a destination spot the people and places of the The County are known for their character, their warmth and welcome. At Angeline's we hope we meet those same high standards.
We continue to grow and improve and your feedback enables us to do so.
Kind regards,
Alexandre Fida manager

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is a BNB with some rooms inside but also a section outside of rooms (motel type where u park in front of your door)
The rooms inside are beautifully decorated and they have rooms with a fireplace.
beautiful green space with a meditation garden labyrinthe and a prosperity pond.
Make sure to look behind all the trees to see the huge pasture and the farm and cows on the right.
The croissants in the am are delicious and you can also order some items from the breakfast menu but this has to be done the night before before 6pm. Make sure you try the shirred eggs.
You are also seconds from the main road to go to Sandbanks park (a must see)
Excellent and very friendly service from everyone.
Great for a family as well as they have a little 2 floor house right on the property that can be rented. Bedroom upstairs, sofa bed on first floor, fully equipped place
Photos to come
If you are there as of Thursday, make sure to grab a drink or tapas there. Delicious strawberry daiquiris made with fresh berries from their garden

Room Tip: I would highly suggest a room inside if you are alone or a couple. Each room has a private bathroom...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Namaste24
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I'd been going to PEC for years camping with my family as a child. My husband is American and had never been, so I wanted to take him, but I had no idea where to stay that wasn't a campground. After reading reviews on here, we decided to stay at Angeline's since my husband is an airline pilot and didn't like the idea of getting a typical chain hotel/motel in nearby Belleville.

The good:

Our first impression was really good. The place is really welcoming and very clean. We were shown to our room, which was the Fireplace Room on the first floor. It's actually a very beautiful space, mixing modern flair (art and decor pieces) with the rustic old country setting of the house. The bathroom was cleverly tucked away in what probably used to be a closet under the stairs. The bathroom fixtures were all modern and worked really well. Overall, I was really pleased with the design/cleanliness of the room. The inn is in a lovely spot near Bloomfield, and we were within 10 minutes of Picton and Sandbanks. It was honestly a perfect location. I was a little sad that it wasn't a true "bed and breakfast" in that we only had coffee and croissants included with our stay (and it was quite expensive to order anything else), but I'll admit that both were absolutely delicious. Nothing like some piping hot pastries and smooth coffee in the morning.

Onto the not so good:

As mentioned, our room was on the first floor. I didn't actually know this when I was booking as the room descriptions on the website aren't the best, so I would've avoided it had I known. It's an old house, so of course the soundproofing is not the greatest. We could hear the person above us walking around in the evening and can hear word-for-word the conversations in the main room (which is right outside the door). When breakfast starts at 8:30 am, it's an automatic wake-up call. I didn't mind as we only had 24 hours in the county and had to maximize our time, but I'd be really disappointed if this had been a "hole up in your room" type of trip.
The a/c in the room when we arrived during the day was fabulous. My husband is really "warm-blooded" and I was sort of freezing when we got in, but he loved that the room was cool. There was a remote to change the temps in the room. However, at some point around 10:30 pm, it seems like the main a/c unit was shut off and our room went from 68F to 76F. Needless to say, that nice comfy duvet didn't get much use as we were both sweating. It was also not the most romantic of nights as the last thing you want to do when it feels like summer in your room is cuddle.
While the people when we arrived were definitely welcoming, the woman who checked us out seemed a bit surly and it didn't feel any more "homey" than a run of the mill hotel would be. I think we were looking for a more personal experience this time around.

All in all, it was a decent stay. I would maybe go back, but would stay on the second floor if I did. The location is tough to beat.

Room Tip: Avoid first-floor rooms as they are noisy.
2  Thank beachcomber09
afida2, Manager at Angeline's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for you comments. We appreciate your feedback; it enables us to improve our service.
Kind regards,
Alexandre Fida and team at Angeline's Inn

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Just got married in Prince Edward County and chose Angeline's to stay for our wedding night. Couldn't have made a better choice! The room was clean, spacious and gorgeous. A very classy, high-end style with a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. Breakfast the next morning was absolutely delicious and the staff were extremely polite and helpful.
We've never had an inn or hotel contribute to the enjoyment of a holiday so much!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We spent the week of the 23rd at Angeline's, opting for the 'motel' portion of the Inn since we figured it might offer a bit more privacy. The unit was clean, cute and compact with - what I'm guessing are - the original floorboards from the house, giving the wee space a really gorgeous touch. We would've liked a little more room in which to move, since we were there for 5 nights, and a chair or sofa in the corner would've been nice, but it was comfy and we were delighted to see a duvet on the bed, instead of one of those cheap and gnarly blanket-and-bedspread combos you see in too many motel rooms.
Our biggest qualm about the room - and this is less of a whinge-y complaint than it is a heads-up to future summer guests - was the industrial-strength air conditioner, which was far too big and noisy for that small space.
The staff was more than quick and accommodating in getting us a fan, but there should have been various settings on the AC unit instead of being stuck on just the one: Space-Shuttle-Launch-Loud.
The grounds behind the inn were really pretty and offered up a couple of little garden areas to stroll around, and the inn itself is within easy walking distance to Bloomfield's 'main drag'.
As for the restaurant, it was truly fantastic, morphing from bright, cheery breakfast nook in the mornings, to soft, jazzy dinner venue at night, where the food and drink were way above par.
Initially we were disappointed that Angeline's, the restaurant, no longer existed, but The Hubb did not disappoint. The service, the staff, the ambience, and the fun, thoughtful little extras (decadently-decorated plate-ful of scraps o' cake!!) would most definitely be incentive for us to return.
Thanks Angeline's.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Had the fortune of staying in "The County" recently, and spent a wonderful night at Angeline's.

Alex and staff are wonderful.

Highlights include:
Our meal at The Hubb - the best casual dining in The County...I promise!
The decor - an excellent mix of local artisan talent and traditional pieces.
Proximity to everything else in the county - Bloomfield is right in the middle of it all!

Room Tip: Stay in one of the suites in the house!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Our family enjoyed 2 nights in the hotel portion. We left with wonderful memories. My 6 year old daughter was treated like a princess by Mel and Alex. She loved playing in the gardens and made friends with the 2 lovable outdoor cats! Our hosts gave us the personal touches of a B&B and yet we had the true independence that a motel room offers. Our room was modern and airy. I loved the hardwood floors. We noticed there wasn't a phone or alarm clock but we used our iphone instead. Luckily, we were there on a night that The Hubb was open and we were treated to the best currant mojito that I ever had and local wines. The cheese plate and tapas were perfect after a long day at the beach. Mel's Mom lavished us with great service during the breakfast hour. We had such a fantastic experience that our friends booked themselves at Angeline's for a couple of days during the following week!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomfield
3 mi away
6 mi away
Newsroom Suites
Newsroom Suites
#4 of 13 in Wellington

Been to Angeline's Inn? Share your experiences!