After an online booking inexpectedly fell through elsewhere (some B&Bs simply do not honour online reservations!), we lucked out by discovering Angéline's instead. They were even sympathetic to our experience and offered an unsolicited discount on one of the rooms. And it wouldn't end there. We were gently surprised by their personal and attentive service. Although we arrived about 4 hours later than expected, they accommodated our "nightcap" requests, though the kitchen was mostly closed by then. We were travelling with our 4 year old, and although the cots were all being used, they didn't even give it a second thought that we had set up an antique couch in our suite with some extra blankets and pillows for her to settle into. They readily offered extra linens for her too! Breakfast was yummy with flaky yet pillowy croissants (you can ask for extras too), fresh juice and copiously offered coffee. It was our first visit to Prince Edward County, and we received some excellent recommendations for our day trip there with the in-laws, who where visiting from the UK. Dinner was phenomenal. Each appetizer could not miss... foie gras, sea scallop, escargot, or beef tartare....they were sheer gastronomic delight. Then the entreés ...walleye, lamb, beef tenderloin and poussin somehow upped the experience further. They even made a pasta dish with veggies for our daughter. Although we were interested in discovering more about the local wines, our host keenly noticed that one did slightly disappoint even after the tasting and deftly swapped it for something more suitable. Difficult not to be impressed with such attention and clever handling. We sailed through several bottles and somehow made room for the dessert we would already know was delicious from our ventures the night prior. Our rooms were well-considered and it was special to be able to retire to bed in the same building as that great dining room! Our daughter was enamoured with the flower labyrinth, playground and the kitty cats out back. It was all part of a great experience and we hope to return soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Angeline's is known for its fine dining and creative cuisine. Surrounded by flowering gardens which border on sweeping country fields, Angeline's offers a tranquil stay for the discerning traveler. Recently added: a new master suite with its antiques and original works of art. Arts or well-being workshops offered in Angeline's Studios. Browse among Bloomfield's unique village shops, some of which have special arrangements with Angeline's for late-night shopping. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Angeline`s Restaurant Hotel Bloomfield
- Angeline`s Restaurant And Inn
- Angeline's Inn Bloomfield, Ontario