“Went away hungry.”

The Red Pump Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 24 Restaurants in Bayfield
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

For the price that I paid I was given very little food. This was quite a while ago but the memory still lingers. You should never go away from a resturant hungry especially when you pay that price for the food.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Menu ok.....the food prep was very good, a can't go wrong" kinda meal which often goes wrong...Caesar salad with shrimp added on...shrimp cooked perfectly, dressing on the side.....very receptive to the add on shrimp suggestion...and dressing on the side.
wine list by the glass good and not just Ontario wine......Chardonnay (Calif) lovely. staf plesant

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We arrived dressed up and expecting a wonderful dining experience. Our waitress was clumsy. Didn't come and take away our dishes right away and we poured our own wine. Asked if they could took take a group picture and said she had no time.
Then our entres arrived. One hour after our drink order. They boasted the vegan Tofu dish. It was inedilble! The pasta wasn't cooked. My friend had the beef and it was good.
Their menu is very eclectic and not to everyones palate. I would call ahead to see what the specials are so you worn be charged up the wazoo for a crappy meal and a crappy dining experience.
Oh and by the way my, I took my friend here to surprise her because she had worked here as a university student. She saw the same owner (her old boss) and could not believe he had let this restaurant let this happen. Apparently its the only show in town. Too bad Bayfield!
Go for the wine and bread and salad. You are safe with that! Expect to pour your own!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

This place is a gem and the back patio is especially gorgeous! While I found it a bit pricey overall the food was very enjoyable. Our service could have been better but watching the other tables I think it was just our server.

I definitely reccommend this place!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The service was great as was the food and the drinks!!! We ejoyed the outdoor patio which has a nice water fountain in the middle.