“Fresh, Beautiful Rooms and Reasonably Priced”
Review of Sushi Kui

Sushi Kui
Ranked #14 of 152 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh, Beautiful Rooms and Reasonably Priced”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I went there with a group of friends for dinner on Friday. The place is nicely decorated and the staff are friendly. We had the all you can eat dinner and enjoyed the variety as well as some complimentary wanton which tasted really good. I highly recommend the all you can eat dinner especially if you feel hungry like us. The price is very reasonable compares to a few places that we frequent in Toronto. Everything is fresh and well prepared and we came out feeling satisfied. Will definitely be back next time I come to Aurora.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mike H

“Quick & Affordable”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

If you don't have particularly high expectations of All-You-Can-Eat sushi joints, this may change your mind.

The sushi is good, there's lots of variety and it comes really quickly. The place was packed, even on a Sunday night, which speaks volumes.

They have some odd daily specials, which we probably should have ignored. The sashimi is fresh and the sushi is nicely made. The rolls are a good size and a good value.

We had one dish that didn't quite make it but overall the experience was good.

The decor won't win any prizes, but the staff are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. A little attention to the toilets would be a nice thing. No TP in the downstairs ladies loo and a generally neglected air about all of them.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth W
“Poor Service”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Since the restaurant is in our neighborhood, it is convenient to go there. Food is good but on many occasions, especially when you have a bigger group, they give you these deep fried dough "courtesy of the house" which in reality serve to fill you up so you don't order more. They also hold up the sashimi until you're full so that you don't order more. We actually constantly have to follow up on it. Yesterday we had a second order sheet but we never got the order because they already gave us the bill saying, "sorry to rush you but it's Valentine's day and people are waiting for the table. Me and my husband were there exactly 36 minutes, with a reservation.

• Visited February 2014
Newmarket, Canada
“Outstanding Food Quality & Service”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Went there with my family with some members being a little apprehensive about sushi for the main meal. We went for the all you can eat and after carefully sampling the first couple of items, everyone was raving about the delicious variety and quality of the freshly made sushi! The fast and friendly service was excellent too. Outstanding quality and service - I highly recommend it!

• Visited December 2013
Greater Toronto Area
“Not the best”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My family went to Sushi Kui after my daughter kept hearing rave reviews from friends. Loved the look of some of the unique rolls on the menu, unfortunately they weren't an option on the all you can eat supper menu which we went for on this evening in order to try a variety of the foods offered.
While waiting for our food we were offered complimentary starters consisting of a Christmas Roll and cheese fried puff which were not that great. The buffet menu had a large selection and slightly pricier than other Japanese restaurants we frequent but that would be fine if the food was that much better - it wasn't.
The Sashimi was great but I would hope that would be pretty hard to mess up. The garden salad dressing did not strike any of us as overly tasty and we all love the dressings at some other locations. Hand rolls which are my favorite were disappointing as we had four different selections and when they arrived the waitress couldn't tell us which one was what as they all looked the same. We all ate the rolls and had no idea which was salmon, tuna, crab.... They all had the same overwhelming sauce and the way it was mixed up left no distinction or flavor to the rolls. Spider roll was okay but I've had better. We tried many different things on the menu and nothing seemed to overly impress us. I could go on but it was a consensus among my family with two teenagers that we probably would not be back.
As I said earlier, there are some unique rolls I would like to try and the temptation to return is there, but given the array of food we did have and nothing hit it out of the park, I will fight that temptation.
The atmosphere was very pleasing and I wish all the Japanese Restaurants were as appealing as this although it was a bit crowded with the tables.
If it helps you in assessing my review, for sushi in the Newmarket/Aurora area, my husband and I keep returning to Sushi Itto in Newmarket. Fantastic food.

• Visited December 2013