“Great for lunch”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
toronto
“Great for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Nice spot for lunch and the take out bar has great dinners. Love the Jamaican Jerk lunch and the take out has amazing curry chicken, grains, spicy pasta sauce and friendly service.

Visited November 2012

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Romantic evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Good menu but a llittle pricey. Cosy seating romantic lighting. good service. Don't think it needs to be so expensive

“What Happened???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were looking for a nice place to go that was close to where we were to celebrate a birthday. I'd read that they had great cheeses and our Birthday Boy knows and loves his cheeses. I'd heard nice things about the place so it seemed a good spot to try. Though we made reservations, it wasn't busy. 3 other tables. We waited for what seemed forever to get served. Then we only had our drink orders taken. ..and they were wrong. ...then they were corrected and our waiter disappeared again. Another 10 min or so he came back and gave us the specials and left again. Another 10 min he came back again, (finally) to take our order. I asked why there were no cheeses anywhere and if they were on the desert menu. Our waiter apologized and promised to do something special for us. We ordered. Another 15 min or so our food arrived. (Almost an hour now we have been here and there is only 1 table left other than ours). The food was OK. The Herb Crusted Chicken turned out to be a totally flavorless, though moist, herb "sprinkled" chicken. The steak seemed ok though nothing special. Our waiter again promised to do something special for us with regard to the cheeses no longer being on the menu. He said that with the new owners things had changed. We never did get any cheese nor did he mention it again. We were told that the staff would sing Happy Birthday and later informed that they no longer do this. I don't know what was going on but can only assume that it is not the place it used to be. To be fair, there were 3 job postings on the door when we came in so clearly understaffed. Anyway, as a first impression it was disappointing. Had our waiter at least brought us a cheese tray or "something" as he had promised, (particularly as by the time we left we were the last patrons), it would have prompted a 2nd visit. Bland and Disappointing.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank berrypocket
“More hits than misses”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I've lived around the corner from Chinook since it opened several years ago - I go around 4 times per year and 3 out of four times, I'd give it 5 stars - the food and service can be excellent but that 4th time, they tank - it would be nice if it were more consistent.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Cocobonk
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have lived in Aurora for many years and Chinook has consistently been one of my favourite places to eat. It is on the expensive side, but the quality of the food is absolutely worth it. Fresh, healthy options and a ton of specials. Like Clare, I have dined here many times and I have always found the servers to be considerate and accommodating. A lovely break from the many, many cookie cutter chain restaurants and greasy food places in the area!

• Visited May 2012