“Aurora's New Panini Shop - meh...”

Original Panini Italian Sandwiches
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I sauntered in to try an authentic "sangwich" in Aurora. This new restaurant (opened spring 2014) is clean and has the standard panini shop menu items. I tried the "medium-hot" veal - $6.95 - probably the California Sandwiches going rate. Veal was hot, reasonable quantity. The bun was not a soft chewy offering making me wonder if it was yesterday's. What got me was the $1.75 the charged for a can of Coke. This seems excessive to me - I felt ripped off to be honest, so I won't be going back.

If I were opening a new ANYTHING - I would ensure that I can send the customer out wanting to come back. They failed here with me. The sandwich was average, and the drink was larceny. Not a great combo. Just about everything fails in this strip plaza except the Dairy Queen. You really gotta knock people's socks off here - and this place does not.

PS - THE best veal panini in the city is San Francesco's - Finch West between Dufferin and Keele. Huge meat portion, great prices. Pop is $1.00. I recommend the owners of this Aurora establishment go and try it.

1  Thank Tom W