“What a disappointment!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

What a waste of money! Went on a Friday night (Feb 15). First we were created by a waitress that looked like she was being tortured by being at work. Really! You can at least pretend to be happy to greet us. And please look in the mirror before arriving to work, you look like a slob. After waiting for over half an hour, finally she comes back to take a drink order. Really are we inconveniencing you that much! FYI - $ 9 martini gets you a half filled martini glass. Drinks way over priced! Finally waved her down to take our food order. Grilled calamari- gigantic piece of rubber! I also tried the potable pasta with white wine sauce. Wow- and I when I say wow I mean what the H--L was that. Comes in a large bowl, pasta swimming at the bottom in the of oil (i mean sauce). The flavour was okay at first but after the 3 mouthful, it because to overpowering. The dish is half 2/3 mushroom and 1/3 pasta. After the 5th mouthful, I started to fell nauseous. On to dessert (after 2 hours), specials from the Valentines day menu. And they meant it! (at a whopping $7 per dessert for dried out dessert obviously prepared the night before). FYI-skip the coffee unless you want to drink tar! Really how does this place tay open. That was my first and last time for sure. That experience cost us $80/person for 1 drink, app, main, dessert, and coffee.

2  Thank destinationbeach2012
There are newer reviews for Play Pizzeria and Pub

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I have eaten at Play twice. We liked the atmosphere and feel of the pub the minute we walked in. Most of all we liked the wait staff. The women that work at Play in our opinion make the pub what it is. They are outgoing, fun and very organized. I wish we had nice things to say about the kitchen because that is where things fell apart for us. On our first visit we both ordered pizza. The pizza oven dominates the kitchen and they call themselves a pizzeria so we figured it must be the best thing that they do. What a disappointment! The pizza was thoroughly undercooked. The dough was still raw and the cheese had barely melted. Back it went. It was cooked a second time in a different oven and was passable at this point. The Caesar salad was better than the pizza. We wanted to like this restaurant so much that we gave them a second chance and went back a month later. Maybe our first visit was just an off night? On our second visit we again enjoyed chatting with the waitress. The selection of draft and wine was good. The pub was just as cozy as on our first visit. Again when the food arrived the brakes went on the evening. This time we skipped the pizza and had different pasta dishes. Both dishes arrived very hot which was great. Both dishes also had pasta which was either overcooked or sitting around for a while because the penne was falling apart. The sauces on both were double the amount needed and were choked with butter and cheese. Fat equals taste but there is a limit to this equation. In other words it was the kind of sloppy "pasta" you can get at any mid grade chain restaurant. We picked through the pasta and left. Unfortunately we will not return for a third visit. Too bad.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were there for lunch and the service was very slow. It took about 45 minutes to get our food. There was only one other group in the restaurant so it wasn't as though they were busy. But the pizza was excellent and the portions large enough that I had to take half of it home with me.

4  Thank chloepants