“Great family dinner”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New York
“Great family dinner”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a great family dinner with folks and our 4 year old. Sampled the prime rib, sirloin, and filet, all were very good. Ordered them medium given some reviews that medium rare was more rare than medium rare but probably would have been okay with medium rare. Also tried the Dungeness crab legs add-on and lobster tail which were very good. We ordered wine but it didn't arrive during our appetizers and took about 20 minutes to get to our table so the host came by and told us (spontaneously) that they normally like to have bottles arrive within 5-10 minutes so he offered us free dessert or after-dinner drinks. Nice touch and greatly appreciated (although we were quite full and couldn't finish the desserts!) Atmosphere is nice, loud enough to make kids chatter not be annoying and thriving even on a Sunday night. Overall exceeded my expectations for the locale. Convenient location in a large mall area with a Best Buy, Rona, and other stores as well - stop by after shopping! But maybe get a reservation to be sure.

• Visited May 2013

Stratford, Canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food was typically " The Keg " okay but uniamaginative ! We visit this one offten with clients. I ordered a spinach salad with shrimp which would have been fine if there had been more than a few grams of blue cheese on it. I asked for more which came quickly. Our guest was from the US and wanted to know how many restaurants in the chain. We asked our waitress and she didn't know and promised to check with her manager. After 3 request still no answer so I googled it on my BB and found the imformation. The watress removed plates form the table before we were all fiished and proceeded to stack them on the table. She was very nice but this type of service is not on.

• Visited April 2013
Keswick, Canada
“Good & Expensive!!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Service is excellent! Girls could wear a little longer skirts, because in my opinion there is a line between classy & slutty. Patio is really nice. Great experience all the time exept the "damage". I think that glass of house white wine $13 + tax and pint of beer $8 + tax it's on a high side. Again - experience is awesome, for us only on special occasions.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sonina76
Newmarket
“Dinner was great except for the Beef Ribs!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have been to the Keg many times and for the first time my husband ordered the special. It was not so special. He ordered the Beef Ribs. He got 3 ribs, 1 was all fat. We were charged $31.00. when the waitress took the plates my husband did say the ribs were not very good tonight but she did not respond. Just took the plates and left. I guess we should have made more of an effort but he did the balance of his dinner. I am just saying do not order the ribs. Not worth it!

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“The Keg Aurora”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Service is great & so is the food Went for an anniversary i have a number of allergies They are always so accomodating I would recommend reservations which we had otherwise it could be a long wait especially on weekends. No matter what you choose from the menu, it is always good. never had a bad experience

Visited March 2013