“Poor customer relations”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 1, 2013

While this restaurant has a lot of history in Arnprior, it is not known for its good customer relations at all times. The food is average, not enough fresh foods, especially in these days of more heatlh conscious people. But my biggest complaint was the poor service I received when I had a genuine and gently delivered concern. I spoke to the owner, now the grandfather, and original owner for many years. He did not want to hear a concern and was curt. I let is go because I thought he had a bad day, but I followed up with a phone call and letter and he would not discuss it. He was downright rude such as I had never experienced before. Trust me, this is not worth the hastle. There are other good restaurants in Arnprior, and you should try them. Our Place in the Prior or Tosh Steak House or Jim's Restaurant are all good. Don't risk the PJ's experience.

3  Thank Dcarsti C

Reviewed January 7, 2013

a group of 5 just had dinner here and it was excellent.
i hadn't been to PJ'S for over 20 years but what i remember is still there when it comes to flavour, portions and price.
we had the prime rib and it was cooked perfect.
waitresses were great with the younger ones and were alweays available for the little things.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We visited with older relatives and all of us ordered very different dishes. None of us were impressed.
I had the turkey club sandwich with fries and a salad. The fries were soggy and the salad was just OK. The turkey club was standard. It was nice that it was made with slices of real turkey. Unfortunately, some pieces still had bits of cartilage on them.
The side room (not main dining room) where we sat is sparse and has a view of the road. The music was loud enough that I had to ask for it to be turned down.

I would like to note that the servers were nice and we were allowed to bring in a homemade birthday cake.
When we left, I saw a very famous Ottawa talk show host arrive for dinner with friends and the place was fairly busy so maybe we all just ordered the wrong food/ not their best.

2  Thank CanJamHolland
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very clean and family friendly establishment. The service was quick and courteous.

The Chicken Club sandwich, just the right fit. The Hamburger Steak with gravy and mash potatoes, a very pleasant surprise. Both were delicious.

A surprising number of items on the menu leaned toward overly priced. Would have expected / liked to see more items in the $8 - $12 range for this kind of restaurant.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were recommended this place as the best in town. The food was OK; the absence of fresh vegetables in the summer was a huge disappointment. The meat dishes (steak and souvlaki) were pretty standard, and the soup and salad were fine but without much imagination. OK quality for an OK price!