“Average facility at an above average price”

Quality Inn Arnprior
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Arnprior
Great White North
“Average facility at an above average price”
Reviewed November 6, 2010

There wasn't anything outstanding about the facility. The rooms were somewhat dated, there was no free breakfast or breakfast coupons provided, and its attachment to a bar made for more traffic in the parking lot/noise than a typical Quality Inn. Clearly this place began life as something else, and wound up getting roped into the Choice chain as they've declined over the years. No problems, the staff were great, and the check-in and check-out swift, but I was not impressed overall. While the location was convinient after the end of a long day driving in horrible conditions, had I known it was this ho-hum I may have plodded on another hundred miles to a nicer place. Who knows. Again, it's not some slum to avoid...it's okay on the whole, and if they'd spruce up the rooms a bit and offer a breakfast, it'd be more worth the $110 CN (AAA rate) I paid.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Stayed here as a last minute booking. Not too far off the highway and good price with government discount and I didn't mind paying the extra 10 dollars for our pet, most hotels we checked didn't allow pets. Finding out there was a lake close by was an added bonus. Front desk staff was nice. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Scout1480
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 29, 2009

My wife and I like the location...right on a lake/river with a restaurant with al fresco dining. So, we drove 470 miles today to get here.
We asked for a nonsmoking room. We were assigned to #227 which down a small corridor that is closed off by double doors from the rest of the motel, and it was filled with cigarette smoke. We went into our room...same thing. We opened the window...little effect. Our room said "Nonsmoking right" right on the door. Unfortunately when I inquired I was told that there are six rooms at the end of our area that are smoking. I suspect that folks smoke in virtually all of the rooms here. So smokey that my eyes are smarting. The receptionist at the front desk explained that they had no rooms available in the motel other than our corridor. "Sorry." A few minutes later I saw the receptionist standing in the parking lot of the motel, smoking a cigarette herself. I assume the phone goes unanswered everytime she takes a smoking break.
We paid #119 after our seniors discount. Terrible. I can't imagine us staying here again. I recommend that anyone who is not fond of cigarette smoke to stay elsewhere.

David Koehler
September 29, 2009

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Arnprior hotels

ottawa
Reviewed August 28, 2007

over priced not to mention any thing extra you want/need you have to pay for...example fridge, cott. and oh lets not forget pet friendly of course for an extra 10$ per night , but guess the huge milk bone they give to your pet at departure is worth 10$+...yeah right!This hotel doesn't offer too much and its not a place i'de return too.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank muffin2765
ottawa
Reviewed August 5, 2007

We did stay at the so called hotel this weekend and wow what a dump.

1)Both of my parents have hard time walking and doing stairs.When we did check in we told them this and they said the first floor was sold out.

2)They then told use it was be a shorter route to park at the back of the hotel.The fact is it is a much shorter route to park in front and walk via the lobby.

3)The beds were very small and hard as a rock.

4)This is the first time a hotel has not had any pay per view movies.

5)They were aware there was 3 of use staying in the room.Yet there were only 2 coffee cups.

6)The coffee/tea in the lobby was just brutel.

7)The hair dryer did not work.

This is not worth $140 a night.

• Liked — The lake
  • Disliked — The hotel.
  • Stayed August 2007
    • Check in / front desk
Ottawa
Reviewed September 14, 2006

This Quality Inn is similar to most hotels of the chain variety except they charge well over the normal going rate. I had to stay here for a wedding and later realized that other properties in town were charging close to half of what you paid here. My problem is that first off, it's not a very nice property. It starts with the pot holes in the parking lot, continues with the worn carpet throughout and even into your room with the screen half hanging out of the window. It seemed to attract a lot of the highway construction business too. It was great to have tar and gravel truck right outside your window all weekend. The rooms are small, sparse and again, worn out. I suppose you could do better but again for $120 a night, drive to Ottawa or Kanata and stay in a proper hotel. I wouldn't go back.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Most everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Go someplace else
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Pappy77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnprior
Kanata
Comfort Inn West
#39 of 67 in Ottawa
Country Squire Motel
#1 of 3 in Arnprior

Been to Quality Inn Arnprior? Share your experiences!