“Don't Expect Much”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Arnprior
Sarnia, Canada
“Don't Expect Much”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were visiting relatives in the Arnprior area and elected to stay in this hotel for reasons of convenience. As soon as we entered the hallway to our room, we regretted our choice. Although it wasn't overtly dirty, it had a stale, almost musty smell about it. The room was drab and dated. The bed was comfortable enough. The East Side Mario's that is attached to this hotel was equally dated and the food was unappetizing, especially at breakfast. This hotel experience especially suffered by comparison to our beautiful accommodations at the Staybridge Suites in in Guelph the following night which actually cost less (taking the free Staybridge breakfast into account). . The next time I visit relatives in Arnprior, I will travel to nearby Kanata or Ottawa proper, if necessary, rather than stay in a dive like the Arnprior Quality Inn again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 155011Harper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Deep River, On. CANADA
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I just returned from an overnight at this hotel and have to say that the beds were the MOST comfortable I have EVER slept in! Three pillows per double bed, nice fluffy duvet and an incredible shower that was unlike anything I had experienced before....very spa-like, truly. Lots of towels, and very clean room. Only complaints were that there was a slight musty smell in the room initially, which seemed to dissipate once the heating system was turned on. Also, the bathroom and closet were very small. It was actually difficult to get things into the one closet in the hall, but as an overnight guest, I didn't have much anyways, so for me, not much of an issue. If attending a wedding or similar event, it would be a problem. The only other small complaint I had was that the sounds from the hallway were clearly heard...other doors closing, etc. The room faced a parking lot, but was quiet. Next time, I would ask for a room looking out over the river. The Quality Inn Arnprior lobby is spacious and lovely....gas woodstove, squashy furniture, computer/printer, coffee and tea making facilities and complimentary newspapers. Very handy that there is an entrance into East Side Marios from inside the hotel. For me, the wonderful beds were the clincher in giving this hotel four stars out of five. Note to maintenance staff: Room 134 needs to have the bathroom door hinges oiled. :-) Many thanks!

Room Tip: Request a room with river viewl
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Pdmytrenko
luvbntysmom
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This is a small town, slow time...they charged me $125.00 for a tiny little room on the ground floor that had a window that would not lock..anyone could have slid the window open and got in my room no problem. There were bugs on my tv and bed that were black with red lines. When I complained Karen the assistant manager said "Well these are bugs that are in the area at this time" I did not PAY for BUGS to be in my room!! Disgusting and they did not take any money off. They also put a hold on my card for the security deposit too and did NOT release it after I checkout and paid the regular amount...so 3 days later I had both charges sitting on my credit card and could not use as they did not release the security hold of $175.00
Nice business procedure and great customer service....NOT!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank luvbntysmom

Travelers are raving about these Arnprior hotels

Inman, South Carolina
Reviewed April 22, 2011

This Quality Inn has improved in quality since my previous visits. The beds are very comfortable now and electrical outlets are now available. The hotel is right next to a exercise trail and a beautiful river. The lobby has a new printer and computer and the wifi connection worked great. The staff is very helpful. I must say it is still overpriced, priced high enough to make me think of using alternatives. A restaurant shares the same property. The staff there is great and the food tasty.

Room Tip: Riverview rooms are nice and they get evening sun
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank smokym1
Great White North
Reviewed November 6, 2010

There wasn't anything outstanding about the facility. The rooms were somewhat dated, there was no free breakfast or breakfast coupons provided, and its attachment to a bar made for more traffic in the parking lot/noise than a typical Quality Inn. Clearly this place began life as something else, and wound up getting roped into the Choice chain as they've declined over the years. No problems, the staff were great, and the check-in and check-out swift, but I was not impressed overall. While the location was convinient after the end of a long day driving in horrible conditions, had I known it was this ho-hum I may have plodded on another hundred miles to a nicer place. Who knows. Again, it's not some slum to avoid...it's okay on the whole, and if they'd spruce up the rooms a bit and offer a breakfast, it'd be more worth the $110 CN (AAA rate) I paid.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Stayed here as a last minute booking. Not too far off the highway and good price with government discount and I didn't mind paying the extra 10 dollars for our pet, most hotels we checked didn't allow pets. Finding out there was a lake close by was an added bonus. Front desk staff was nice. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Scout1480
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 29, 2009

My wife and I like the location...right on a lake/river with a restaurant with al fresco dining. So, we drove 470 miles today to get here.
We asked for a nonsmoking room. We were assigned to #227 which down a small corridor that is closed off by double doors from the rest of the motel, and it was filled with cigarette smoke. We went into our room...same thing. We opened the window...little effect. Our room said "Nonsmoking right" right on the door. Unfortunately when I inquired I was told that there are six rooms at the end of our area that are smoking. I suspect that folks smoke in virtually all of the rooms here. So smokey that my eyes are smarting. The receptionist at the front desk explained that they had no rooms available in the motel other than our corridor. "Sorry." A few minutes later I saw the receptionist standing in the parking lot of the motel, smoking a cigarette herself. I assume the phone goes unanswered everytime she takes a smoking break.
We paid #119 after our seniors discount. Terrible. I can't imagine us staying here again. I recommend that anyone who is not fond of cigarette smoke to stay elsewhere.

David Koehler
September 29, 2009

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnprior
Kanata
Brookstreet Hotel
Brookstreet Hotel
#18 of 67 in Ottawa
Country Squire Motel
#1 of 3 in Arnprior
Knights Inn Arnprior
#1 of 4 in Arnprior

Been to Quality Inn Arnprior? Share your experiences!