“Horrendous Service.......”

Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Horrendous Service.......”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Even going with low expectations......this restaurant was terrible. Outdated aesthetics and lack of parking aside, the staff was extremely confused and the food took forever, orders were all wrong, meals came out before appies and you had to angrily flag a server to take a drink order.....
The best part was they didn't acknowledge how ridiculous it was, but instead blamed the kitchen for the wrong order of the food??
To make up for it - they put menus down and said "order whatever dessert's you want free of charge" - then just brought a few random dessert choices THEY chose??
Waste of time and $$......stay away unless you have hours to waste and no where else to go...

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank 484TrustMe77

Ontario
“Very friendly place with great food and good wine list”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for a few days and had dinner here both nights...while there, I enjoyed 2 great meals ... Good selections of wines at good prices and really enjoyed my dinners...Wednesday night was wing night and the place was packed...good reflection on the food quality

Staff there are really friendly and provide great service

Will be back only return trips!

Ottawa, Canada
“Butternut Squash Soup”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I tried this restaurant on the recommendation of a friend. We enjoyed the atmosphere and our waitress was fun. Butternut squash soup was good and the yam fries with dip were great.

• Visited September 2013
ontario
“Not your typical Steakhouse, amazing!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I have been to TOSH several times over the past few months and each time I have not been disappointed. I should have reviewed it long ago although I was hoping to get Back there before now so I could comment on more of the dishes they serve. The butternut squash soup is to die for and if you want the best hamburger in Ontario this is the place. Steaks are thick and juicy and the taste second to none. The chef is inventive and playful with his flavour profiles and execution spot on. Service is top notch and while the all black attire might make you think they are formal and reserved its refreshingly the opposite. Don't miss out on the daily specials and theme nights. Good times, good food and great prices. I'm disappointed in some of the reviews people have posted as they couldn't possibly have been to the TOSH I know and love. Even though its an hours drive from my home its worth every minute of waiting to get there.

• Visited March 2013
Pembroke, Canada
“Service is key”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our night started out with a little bit of a bump in the road, somehow my reservation was lost. Hmmm, I'm not sure how that happened becaused when I phoned the day before, the girl took my name and phone number. So needless to say, there was only one low table left, right by the door. Not ideal, but oh well.

The food was pretty good. My friend ordered the Brie Melts and I ordered the Rock Shrimp for appetizers. Both were nice, however I would've loved for the "tempura" batter, as it's referred to on the menu, to be lighter and crispier. It was a bit doughy.

I'm always nervous to order steak at a restaurant because I don't seem to have the best of luck with having it cooked the way I like it: rare. So I have to say, well done Tosh! I ordered the Gorgonzola Rib, rare, with a loaded baked potato and some nice fresh veggies. It was fantastic, although I did adjust the seasoning a tiny bit with a little salt. My friend ordered the ribs, they were okay. Also needed just a touch of salt. The value for what we received was also excellent, I took a whole meal home with me to enjoy for lunch.

The part of the evening I enjoyed the most was the service. It was very quick, efficient and friendly. I collect glasses, so I asked the waitress if they sold the wine glasses with the Tosh logo etched on it. She said they have had lot of people ask, but not at this time. She went above and beyond and sent the Manager over to my table. Kurt wasn't sure what to say, but with I bit of persistance I'm proud to say that I am the first person to be able to purchase two Tosh Steakhouse wine glasses. At the end of the day, everybody wins. I get to add them to my collection and Tosh will have some free advertising. And because of the awesome service, it made me forget about sitting near the door and the little lack of salt on the food.

So all in all, food: good, service: great! Would reccommend.

• Visited August 2013