“Not your typical Steakhouse, amazing!”
Review of TOSH Steakhouse & Bar - CLOSED

TOSH Steakhouse & Bar
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I have been to TOSH several times over the past few months and each time I have not been disappointed. I should have reviewed it long ago although I was hoping to get Back there before now so I could comment on more of the dishes they serve. The butternut squash soup is to die for and if you want the best hamburger in Ontario this is the place. Steaks are thick and juicy and the taste second to none. The chef is inventive and playful with his flavour profiles and execution spot on. Service is top notch and while the all black attire might make you think they are formal and reserved its refreshingly the opposite. Don't miss out on the daily specials and theme nights. Good times, good food and great prices. I'm disappointed in some of the reviews people have posted as they couldn't possibly have been to the TOSH I know and love. Even though its an hours drive from my home its worth every minute of waiting to get there.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our night started out with a little bit of a bump in the road, somehow my reservation was lost. Hmmm, I'm not sure how that happened becaused when I phoned the day before, the girl took my name and phone number. So needless to say, there was only one low table left, right by the door. Not ideal, but oh well.

The food was pretty good. My friend ordered the Brie Melts and I ordered the Rock Shrimp for appetizers. Both were nice, however I would've loved for the "tempura" batter, as it's referred to on the menu, to be lighter and crispier. It was a bit doughy.

I'm always nervous to order steak at a restaurant because I don't seem to have the best of luck with having it cooked the way I like it: rare. So I have to say, well done Tosh! I ordered the Gorgonzola Rib, rare, with a loaded baked potato and some nice fresh veggies. It was fantastic, although I did adjust the seasoning a tiny bit with a little salt. My friend ordered the ribs, they were okay. Also needed just a touch of salt. The value for what we received was also excellent, I took a whole meal home with me to enjoy for lunch.

The part of the evening I enjoyed the most was the service. It was very quick, efficient and friendly. I collect glasses, so I asked the waitress if they sold the wine glasses with the Tosh logo etched on it. She said they have had lot of people ask, but not at this time. She went above and beyond and sent the Manager over to my table. Kurt wasn't sure what to say, but with I bit of persistance I'm proud to say that I am the first person to be able to purchase two Tosh Steakhouse wine glasses. At the end of the day, everybody wins. I get to add them to my collection and Tosh will have some free advertising. And because of the awesome service, it made me forget about sitting near the door and the little lack of salt on the food.

So all in all, food: good, service: great! Would reccommend.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I have been to Tosh’s several times and the last few we have had horrible meals. My wife had steak twice which was absolutely terrible and a pasta dish the last time that was watery and bland. The last meal we had there came to 110 bucks before tip. My wife had the Chicken Alfredo with escargot and two glasses of wine. I had the Whiskey Salmon with a house starter salad with one glass of red wine. I tasted my wife food. The escargot was OK, not good but OK. It was topped with a puff pastry which was hard to cut and the sauce for the mushroom/escargot mixture was a little too rich for my taste. The pasta dish as I mentioned was bland. My meals started with the house salad which was good. A house dressing and caramelized onions really put it over the top. The salmon however was way over cooked and it looked like it came out of a package, quickly heated and placed on plate. The last time I was there I had the Lemon Dill Salmon and it was the same thing. I spoke with some neighbors and they are of the same opinion, nice staff, poor quality food and way overpriced. Normally if I have a bad dinner experience I will not go back to that establishment; however, I am from the area and believe in supporting local businesses. That being said, my loyalty has limits and I have reached mine and will not be returning to Tosh’s.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We picked this place despite the so-so ratings because an acquaintance had been happy with it.

The food was quite good, no complaints there. The sticky coffee cake for dessert was outstanding. Food arrived in good time. Would have been nice to be offered a coffee refill, but we didn't ask.

Altogether, we'd go back if in the area. Perhaps they've noted some of the reviews and stepped up the service.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Went for the third time in 2 months. Third and final. We went to listen to the live music in the bar. All 3 times music was good but the lack of drinks listed and food listed on the menu was very disappointing. No mint for mojito, no escargots and last night after ordering twice and being told the ingredients for the drinks off the menu were not on hand added the disappointment. We ordered 2 drinks they had and then they could not bother adding any garnish. Martini first time was good but the lack of effort to garnish our second drink was to funny after waiting to be served asking for menus ect. We have had good service by the other servers but we sat in a different area. Bartender needs to be consistenet and our waitress should have put back the drink and asked to be properly served. By the way the bar was not busy so no excuse .
To bad for us for we thought we found a great spot for food and drinks but not likely to return.