“Great food great staff a gem in downtown Arnprior”
Review of Our Place in the 'Prior - CLOSED

Our Place in the 'Prior
Dining options: Reservations
Description: During the day they are a cafe/bakery. Weekend evenings it's fine dining.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

As regulars at OP we are always treated to a great time by the owners who ensure our dining experience is top notch. On weekends you have the added bonus of live music to add to your enjoyment. My personal favourite is Chef Pierre's Root Beer Ribs!!!!

2  Thank 37EJM
There are newer reviews for Our Place in the 'Prior

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We tried to eat here, but were advised we should have made reservations. Sorry, we didn't know that. Whoever met us at the door (wearing a white chef-like jacket) seemed anxious for us to leave. When we inquired if he could suggest where to go - he said , "you can eat anywhere you like"!

We had prearranged to meet mid point from our residences (Pembroke and Perth/Smith Falls area) with friend we hadn't seen for quite some time. We were extremely disappointed at the lack of gracious reception (there were six of us). We could appreciate that at the last minute we couldn't be accommodated but what we would have liked was a civilized greeting, a suggestion where we might eat, and a friendly invitation to come back again.

We are sorry we received such a poor reception as we had been invited by a band member who plays there on Friday nights, to enjoy the wonderful food and the entertainment, so were excited that we might have a preview. We will probably never know how good it could be. Everyone loses in this situation.

4  Thank Gladys B
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We visited this restaurant based a review in the Ottawa Citizen. We experienced superior food and service. We had Smoked Meat on Rye and the Chipotle Chicken on a Bun. In both cases the bread and the meat were delicious and servings were generous. The owner stopped at our table, introduced herself and made sure we were content. Yes, sandwiches were wonderful, but it's the cinnamon bun I'll return for. ... best I've EVER had!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

First time being here and I'm very impressed with my experience . Food was amazing, and unlike most of the restaurants in arnprior they had a variety and unique style to their foods. You get great food for your money. A friend and I went in for lunch the other day and we shared a chicken ceaser salad and a hamburger, both amazing with candy bacon on both dishes which was new but very very good. Also very good service. This place is something you don't want to miss , if you're ever in arnprior, finding this place is a must.

1  Thank Foodloversrus
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My Wife and I got home from a wonderful dinner in Arnprior. We were going to go to another restaurant but stumbled on this quaint Bakery and Bistro. One of the OWners - I think her name was Helen - saw us outside and came rushing out the door to greet us and invite us in. Very pleasant service from all staff and we were in luck they had Live Jazz.playing which added to the experience. My Wife had the Seafood Enchilada which was full of Nova Scotia scallops and shrimp then smothered in a cheese sauce and served with a chef salad. She was in live, as my Wife is from Newfoundland that says alot.

Mine I had was the Salt and Pepper Steak - A claimed 12 ounce New York Sirloin that I think was actually bigger than that and was fantastic. Usually I tell the server that I like my steak pink with no blood - I gave up years ago asking for Medium as none seems to know what that is - the server then confirmed "Medium then Sir?" to which I said yes and then prayed for it. WOW Medium is what was delivered and delicious, This was THE best steak I have had outside of London, England. Very happy to see arestaurant make food from scratch in this day and age of cheap pre-pared foods. I highly recommend Our Place and we will be back soon.