“Best Cinnamon Buns EVER”
Review of Our Place in the 'Prior - CLOSED

Our Place in the 'Prior
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: During the day they are a cafe/bakery. Weekend evenings it's fine dining.
Ottawa, Canada
“Best Cinnamon Buns EVER”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We visited this restaurant based a review in the Ottawa Citizen. We experienced superior food and service. We had Smoked Meat on Rye and the Chipotle Chicken on a Bun. In both cases the bread and the meat were delicious and servings were generous. The owner stopped at our table, introduced herself and made sure we were content. Yes, sandwiches were wonderful, but it's the cinnamon bun I'll return for. ... best I've EVER had!

• Visited October 2012

“This is paradise in arnprior.”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

First time being here and I'm very impressed with my experience . Food was amazing, and unlike most of the restaurants in arnprior they had a variety and unique style to their foods. You get great food for your money. A friend and I went in for lunch the other day and we shared a chicken ceaser salad and a hamburger, both amazing with candy bacon on both dishes which was new but very very good. Also very good service. This place is something you don't want to miss , if you're ever in arnprior, finding this place is a must.

1 Thank Foodloversrus
Perth, Canada
“Very nice home away from home”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My Wife and I got home from a wonderful dinner in Arnprior. We were going to go to another restaurant but stumbled on this quaint Bakery and Bistro. One of the OWners - I think her name was Helen - saw us outside and came rushing out the door to greet us and invite us in. Very pleasant service from all staff and we were in luck they had Live Jazz.playing which added to the experience. My Wife had the Seafood Enchilada which was full of Nova Scotia scallops and shrimp then smothered in a cheese sauce and served with a chef salad. She was in live, as my Wife is from Newfoundland that says alot.

Mine I had was the Salt and Pepper Steak - A claimed 12 ounce New York Sirloin that I think was actually bigger than that and was fantastic. Usually I tell the server that I like my steak pink with no blood - I gave up years ago asking for Medium as none seems to know what that is - the server then confirmed "Medium then Sir?" to which I said yes and then prayed for it. WOW Medium is what was delivered and delicious, This was THE best steak I have had outside of London, England. Very happy to see arestaurant make food from scratch in this day and age of cheap pre-pared foods. I highly recommend Our Place and we will be back soon.

• Visited September 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Tasty Lunch”
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have been going out for lunch once a week. We look for places in small towns that have good ratings. After reading the reviews on Our Place, we drove to Arnprior for lunch. We were not disappointed. My wife had the curried chicken salad and raved about the taste. I had the corn beef sandwich on rye and it was excellent. We also bought a loaf of their homemade bread which is very tasty. We will definitely be recommending Our Place to our friends who often travel to and from Ottawa. Great place to take a break and enjoy excellent food. Another plus is that they have Wi Fi available.

1 Thank Mike L
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice change of pace”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

In a sea of chain restaurants and family diners, it is nice to have a bit of relief. The food here has more of a bistro feel; high end sandwiches, quiches, tasty soups, etc. I had a nice quiche, higher end salad and yummy melon soup for lunch - very tasty, fresh and satisfying.

Visited July 2012