“Yearly tradition gets better and better”
Review of The Ancaster Mill

The Ancaster Mill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ancaster Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wilson Street
Description: The beautifully restored Ancaster Mill boasts a picturesque and Historic setting. The Dining Room features floor-to-ceiling windows with panoramic views of waterfalls and naturally landscaped gardens. The interior decor accents the authentic look with warm earth tones and large stone fireplaces, creating a relaxing atmosphere. Ancaster is home to one of Canada"s most diverse and productive agricultural regions. With seasonal offerings inspired by Landmark Group's Earth to Table philosophy, Ancaster Mill's menus offer impeccable local ingredients from neadby farms and food artisans. The Ancaster Mill beverage selection compliments this with featured signature drinks and an expansive Wine List, including several by-the-glass selections.
Hamilton, Canada
“Yearly tradition gets better and better”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Dinner at the Ancaster Mill has become our anniversary tradition. We have been going there 9 years and I seem to enjoy it more each time. I have a weakness for the bread and apple butter and probably enjoy that more than I should. They now charge $5 for this but you do not go here for a "value" meal so it is no big deal. The charcuterie board was excellent to share. The strip loin was delicious and my wife raved about the house cut sirloin. Overall the atmosphere is very relaxed. The staff are very friendly and the service is always outstanding. If you are looking for an excellent meal with great staff and a relaxing atmosphere, you will find it at the Mill. They now sell jars of apple butter to take home!! See you next year

Visited September 2013
1 Thank bc805

• Arabic first
Hamilton, Canada
“Wonderful dinner in a fabulous setting”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My sister and I went here for dinner a few weeks ago and it was great. We each have been here many times and the meal that night reminded us why. Excellent food and service both which made the prices reasonable. Will definitely be back. The Sunday brunch is also highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“Sunday brunch isn't all that great”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

have been there twice now with family for sunday brunch. it is around $40 per person for the buffett, and I can't really figure out why. the food is average at best - most of the typical 'breakfast' items I could make better at home (eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.). the roast beef was very salty and the other 'lunch' items were nothing special. Ok, but not $40 per person ok! The only thing I can think of for why the price is so high is the fact that they have fresh oysters and crab legs (yum - top marks there!) and fresh squeezed juices. Otherwise, it was a typical all-you-can-eat.

• Visited October 2012
Burlington, Canada
“Anniversary Lunch”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

A beautiful summer day, a pleasant drive up the escarpment, lovely gardens and sparkling water cascading over rugged rocks set the stage for our celebration. We chose to have a late lunch so mid week we were able to have a window seat overlooking the little river.

The tempting selection of offerings made it hard to choose what to order. We lingered with our selections, never feeling rushed.

The presentetation was hard to disturb but one bite and the next could not be denied.

A very welcoming and attentive staff!

Plan to visit for a meal well worth every dollar.

• Visited August 2013
Selkirk, Ontario Canada
“Delicious Food and Stunning Views”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My sister treated me to dinner one night recently at an old family favorite restaurant that I hadn't been to in years and although my now husband took me here frequently when we were dating and my family has had family gatherings there occasionally I had not been to the Old Mill in quite some years now. I have to say although the scenery is still gorgeous and tranquil the food has really become the star of the Old Mill. From the amuse bouche of arancini wth poached lobster to the last bite of this most incredible cheesecake and everything in between was very well received. The service was excellent, even though out server was still training, she knew what she was talking about and very friendly. I will definitely go again and much sooner this time!

• Visited August 2013