“Spectacular” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ancaster Mill

The Ancaster Mill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ancaster Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wilson Street
Description: The beautifully restored Ancaster Mill boasts a picturesque and Historic setting. The Dining Room features floor-to-ceiling windows with panoramic views of waterfalls and naturally landscaped gardens. The interior decor accents the authentic look with warm earth tones and large stone fireplaces, creating a relaxing atmosphere. Ancaster is home to one of Canada"s most diverse and productive agricultural regions. With seasonal offerings inspired by Landmark Group's Earth to Table philosophy, Ancaster Mill's menus offer impeccable local ingredients from neadby farms and food artisans. The Ancaster Mill beverage selection compliments this with featured signature drinks and an expansive Wine List, including several by-the-glass selections.
Burlington
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I remember this place when it was in danger of being torn down until the Ciancone family turned it into a destination restaurant. Food is beyond compare. Parking is a little of an issue for the elderly who may not be able to hike from the remote lots provided, but the experience inside is one to remember. Not cheap, but once in a while, it just is nice to go!

• Arabic first
Canada
“One of our Top 3 All-Time Favourite Restaurants”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

The service is second to none, the food is excellent, and the location is absolutely beautiful. They use locally produced food wherever possible. We had our daughter's wedding reception there this past June and they did not disappoint - everyone thoroughly enjoyed everything about it. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for any special occasion dinner, or a wedding!

Visited June 2012
Ancaster, Canada
“Nice Sunday brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Went for Sunday brunch. Had a reservation but we still had to wait 10 minutes to be seated, although I noticed several empty tables on our way past to ours so not sure what the wait was about. No biggie. It's hard to screw up Sunday brunch given the sheer amount of choices and the fact that you basically serve yourself. Having said that, everything I had was good. The OJ and Smoothies are freshly squeezed/blended on the spot, so, very yummy. The lox was fresh as were the breads on offer. The crepes were also delicious. I would suggest ponying up the extra cash and go for the 'champagne' ' brunch. Unlimited, delicious champagne makes everything better :-) As for the Mill itself, the grounds are beautiful as is the waterfall. As far as weddings go, I know this place is popular but I've heard so many stories regarding the pricing and the owner's attitude that I am not sure why it's so popular. All in all, it's a once a year, special occasion only kind of place. Prices are rather steep for it to be a weekly or even monthly meal out.

• Visited September 2012
Stoney Creek, Canada
“Christmas Dinner 2012 felt rushed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

After having their Christmas dinner last year, we decided to do it again this year. The menu had not varied from the previous year and that was okay because it is a set menu for the Christmas dinners. However, this year we could not get our usual time and had a later seating. From the moment we arrived, we felt rushed through our meal. We noticed that we did not get bread and when I asked about this during the entree, we were quickly given the basket of cold buns but with no butter. The fruit plate and salad were delicious and we savored every bite. When the main entree arrived, I had the Arctic Char and my spouse had the turkey with trimmings. This year the root vegetable on my spouse's plate was as little hard and nearly raw. My fish plate was very good. Since I questioned the lack of bread early in the meal, my glass of wine and a couple of cheesecakes desserts packaged to take with us was comp'ed by the chef for the lack of service and food process handling. Although the coffee as hot, it was on the bitter and burnt aftertaste. Overall, the service and food was overall very good. I could not rate it like last year as I felt it had dropped a little bit from last year. Hopefully next year it will be back to the standard we had last year if we plan to attend next year.

• Visited December 2012
Hamilton, Canada
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

When you visit a restaurant where you know the bill is going to be larger than usual, you have some high expectations. Happy to report that there were no false expectations here. Everything was outstanding, the setting, the service, the food. You will find a fine dining experience in every way. If you get the chance, visit the 1812 room. This room held American prisoners during the War of 1812, and word is a few of them still linger!

• Visited December 2012