“presentation & high price vs. poor food”
Review of The Ancaster Mill

The Ancaster Mill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ancaster Mill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wilson Street
Description: The beautifully restored Ancaster Mill boasts a picturesque and Historic setting. The Dining Room features floor-to-ceiling windows with panoramic views of waterfalls and naturally landscaped gardens. The interior decor accents the authentic look with warm earth tones and large stone fireplaces, creating a relaxing atmosphere. Ancaster is home to one of Canada"s most diverse and productive agricultural regions. With seasonal offerings inspired by Landmark Group's Earth to Table philosophy, Ancaster Mill's menus offer impeccable local ingredients from neadby farms and food artisans. The Ancaster Mill beverage selection compliments this with featured signature drinks and an expansive Wine List, including several by-the-glass selections.
Reviewed December 8, 2012

For the very high prices, meals and drinks were not in good quality and tasty. The ambience is good if you there early during the day.

4  Thank Nural K
There are newer reviews for The Ancaster Mill

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is an absolutely gorgeous inn. We recently went here for my cousin's wedding and were in awe of the place. The Fallsview Room is stunning, but the entire inn is beautiful.

1  Thank robeamer
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have enjoyed dining at The Ancaster Old Mill since it's opening many years ago. We are lucky to live locally and have access to the finest in dining. The restaurant has undergone another overall refurnishing and updating. (long before it would have needed it!).
The location, the falls and stream beside the restaurant, the overall ambience in a natural setting. The best it can be.
The food, the finest. On my last trip I decided to have a steak, the menu being so interesting a steak never crossed my mind. It was the night for steak. I ordered the Filet. THE best steak I have ever enjoyed. Tasty, cooked to perfection and actually did cut with a butter knife. Tried it. I always think of a steak house when I want a steak - now I will only go to the Mill.
The staff, amazing. Everyone we passed greeted us, asked us if we had enjoyed our evening, thanked us for coming, amazing. The waiter and the wait staff made the evening even more enjoyable.
To have such a perfect experience, perfect, is very rare. The management has to be congratulated on the whole package but especially the training the staff have been given. So glad I don't have to drive out of town to enjoy this type of restaurant.

1  Thank angelaotsuka
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is hands down one of the best brunches we have enjoyed, and we have enjoyed many, from the (now closed) Zachary's brunch to brunch at the King Eddie. This is, without a doubt, one of the finest. The food quality was excellent, the service was first class, and the Mill itself is absolutely charming. The complimentary Mimosas and Kir Royales were just the cherry on top of a wonderful experience.
It was a 2 hour drive for us and we would make the trip again with no hesitation.
Well done!!!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I proposed to my wife at this restaurant
- we had a VIEW of the falls
- FOOD was excellent