“not what I remembered”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Coach & Lantern

Coach & Lantern
Ranked #4 of 59 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
hamilton
“not what I remembered”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Coach and Lantern is many things, its unique, its very British Pub like, its dark with low lighting, it definitely has that British Pub feel to it. All those things are positive. If I was going just to drink and relax I strongly believe this place fits that description. But I was here for lunch and just hoping for simple but good pub like food. My wife and I were meeting a friend from Toronto here and I was really hoping my memories of being here a few years ago would still be true today. They werent! Service from our waitress was not anything to write home about, she forgot to bring out desert, forgot spoons, forgot to come by and refill our coffee. I could sense that since we werent drinking alcohol she could care less about us. But my main reason for being bummed out was my meal. I ordered the large $14.99 fish and chips, it was awful! It looked good but tasted so plain that I wondered if I was really in a British pub style bar. Its Fish and chips! How does a British pub not make good fish and chips. No taste, no flavor, the chips were decent, the little coleslaw that came with it was tasteless. Not impressed at all. My wife did have the pub club sandwich which she did say was good and our friend from Toronto had the meatloaf which looked awful but he did say it was good. The both had cheesecake for desert which they liked. I left there $80.00 less in my wallet and I personally would never go back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank dwbcaa

• Arabic first
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“expensive pub for beer and food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Skip the potato skins at $9 for 4 or $2.25 each they are way over priced.
Beer is also more than other local establishments.
The atmosphere is good tho' as its a small pub and
perhaps that's why the prices are high as there is not
a lot of seating. Summer time is much better as the patio
is a nice area to sit and have a beer.

• Visited April 2013
Ancaster, Canada
“Great English-style local pub in Ancaster!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food is excellent! The atmosphere is fun and the sing along is great! Very cozy! Great band of local musicians play there during the week!

Visited January 2013
Hamilton
“nice patio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Usual go in the summer and sit outside in the courtyard. Excellent foor and service and fish and chips yummy

Visited August 2012
Hamilton, Canada
“Great Pub!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you are looking for something a little different with great food and a great atmosphere and good music then The Coach and Lantern is the place for you. The food is fresh and tasty and with 20 different choices of beer on tap there is something different for everyones pallet!

• Visited February 2013