“Average food, fair prices”
Review of Sammy-Jo's Place

Sammy-Jo's Place
Ranked #8 of 63 Restaurants in Ancaster
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I used to live next door to this place so it more out of convenience than appreciation of the food that kept me coming back. Having said that, breakfast is hard to screw up. Eggs are always fine but you better like your bacon burnt because it always comes out that way, even if you request for it not to. There is ample parking available and I've not had to ever wait for seating, which is a good thing. As stated in a previously posted review, while it may be family run/owned, that doesn't guarantee home made anything. Do not confuse the two. The burgers are absolutely frozen patties. I have always had very prompt, polite service here.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Our server was cheery and everything came quick ... gyro bit overdone but I happily ate off my friends' plates!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

i went for a late breakfast and ended up wishing i stayed home and did it myself.
The service was poor and slow. The wait staff were poorly organized. Basically appeared to be running in circles.

Two tables that came in after we did and ordered well after we did, received their food ahead of us. Interestingly, looking at their orders, it looked quite the same, Eggs Benedict for some and with eggs and bacon for the others. SAME as ours. The food was average.

We asked for coffee twice and were told "yes right away at each instance". Not the case. some time later after each request, one of the staff walked over to a number of tables that had not requested coffee and poured it. Came to our table with only half a cup to pour and did not return. Asked again and the same routine.

Two items of note, the tables were poorly cleaned and customers were going from table to table to find condiments. Why? Not replenished in most cases and when requested delivery was virtually non existence.

Opinion-there are many better breakfast places to go where the service is quick, food is quick and good, with your coffee replenished regularly without a request and without waiting...ie. the staff monitor the coffee at the tables!

1  Thank huronhawk
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Sammy-Jo's Place is very good family Restaurant in Ancaster. You can get a good meal for a reasonable amount of money.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The food is good but the staff make it seem better. Very friendly staff who treat the customers very well. It is a family owned restaurant and they actually care about the customers. Similar food can be found elsewhere but family owned restaurants are becoming rare. This place is very popular with our family. I have only been there for dinner so I cannot rate the breakfast. Give it a try