“Tasty and fresh food!!!!”
Review of The Egg & I

The Egg & I
Ranked #15 of 64 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our breakfast menu offers locally farmed fresh grade A eggs, a variety of specialty omelettes or you can ask to create your own; the BEST eggs benedict, which is prepared to satisfy all tastes; freshly prepared hand cut grilled home fries seasoned to perfection, deep fried or plain; In-house made fresh ‘n fluffy buttermilk pancakes, Belgium waffles or Texas French toast all available with a variety of toppings for you to personalize Our Lunch menu features in house made 100% beef burgers; A Swiss mushroom burger topped with sauteed chopped fresh mushrooms and melted Swiss cheese; Homemade soups and an assortment of hot/cold Sandwiches try our famous Club house and roast beef melts cooked in house with fresh turkey and roast beef for anytime of the day. Come For Dinner and enjoy a variety of salads, fresh chicken, and in house made fish & chips with coleslaw. Recommended entrees: a 10oz New York Steak grilled the way you like and loaded with sauteed mushrooms; liver & onions; pasta, with or without meat sauce.
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The new renovated egg and I is awesome! The service is fast, the food is tasty and of course fresh and the prices are so cheap! Lastly, the atmosphere is so friendly...!!!!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The new renovated egg and I restaurant is amazing. The food is always fresh and tasty. The service is fast and good. The prices are very good and relatively cheap for the fresh and tasty food it provides and lastly, the atmosphere is very friendly!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

When you are looking for a full bacon and eggs type breakfast served to you quickly accompanied by a bottomless coffee cup then this is the place. The staff are pleasant, fast and friendly. What more could you ask.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

great lumberjack type breakfast...we were stuffed! great coffee and the prices are excellant. will def go back!!

1  Thank bobby b
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The egg and I has been a reliable breakfast restaurant for many years.the breakfast menu is large and varied,with many choices of combinations of eggs,meats and omlettes,as well as very good pancakes and waffles.
I had occasion to lunch with a friend the other day,and was pleasently surprised by the q uality of the lunch and dinner menu as wel.
The 'Banquet Burger I had was as good as the high end burger joints that have recently become popular,and the cole slaw accompliment was delicious.
The egg and I location,on Rimal Rd, in Ancaster has been recently been recently been renovated with fresh paint and wall hangings,a good thing,as it was getting dated.
As I remarkmed previously,this restaurant is an institution in the Hamilton,Ancaster area,and has kept its standards,which in my estimate,remaibs excellant.
P.S. Don't miss the home fries at breakfast-the best !

1  Thank Skiwiz01